TLE9255 issue when reading the MODE_CTRL register during sleep mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Reini123
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello everyone,

when I set the TLE9255W into the sleep mode (SELECTIVE WAKEUP enabled) and try reading the MODE_CTRL register, I always get the value 0x0F back.

The only valid values for this register (as noted in the datasheet) can be:

0x01 - sleep mode

0x02 - standby mode

0x03 - receive only mode

0x04 - normal operation mode

This happens as soon as the transceiver is in sleep mode (means: after I have sent 0x8101 to the controller)

Additionally, to this strange behavior, the bit 4 (temperature status) of the Status Information Field will be set and cannot be cleared.

When the transceiver is in normal mode, in standby mode or in receive only mode, everything works fine.

Does anyone experience the same strange behavior and may have a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Reinhard

0 Likes
1 Solution
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi Reinhard.  After the TLE9255W is asleep, are you using the separate SPI timings required for Sleep Mode?  See tLead_SP (6 us instead of 1 us) and tMISO_EN_SLP (5.5 us vs. 120 ns) in the datasheet.

Basically, you have to be gentle with it while it's asleep 😄

View solution in original post

3 Replies
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi Reinhard.  After the TLE9255W is asleep, are you using the separate SPI timings required for Sleep Mode?  See tLead_SP (6 us instead of 1 us) and tMISO_EN_SLP (5.5 us vs. 120 ns) in the datasheet.

Basically, you have to be gentle with it while it's asleep 😄

Hey, thank you for your quick response 🙂

I will try it as soon as possible an tell you if it works.

0 Likes

Hi µC_Wrangler,

I've tested the communication with the adapted timings. Now it's working.

Thank you 🙂