TC3xx ERU with service request configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
che
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor
First like given 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I had a service request configuration question. 

I used TC3xx ERU example code and saw the SRC configuration setting as the following pic.

che_0-1703642466313.png

Output channel has 0~7 but how to connect the SRC_SCUERUx?

and in the UM document only has the OGU to SRC connection table as following pic.

che_1-1703642721379.png

Where could I find the explanation for outputchannel 0~7 connect to SRC_SCUERUx(0:4)?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

Referring to the document "Infineon-AURIX_TC39x_BD-Step-ErrataSheet-v01_10-EN.PDF"

INT_TC.H006: Number of SRNs supporting external interrupt/service requests

In the SCU chapter "Output Gating Unit" of the TC3xx User's Manual (V1.6 and newer versions), the following statement is currently present:

• "Interrupt/service requests can be generated only by the ERU OGU[0-3] via its outputs ERU_IOUT[0-3]."

However, it should be noted that, in reality, all ERU OGUs [0-7] have the capability to generate interrupts/service requests through outputs ERU_IOUT[0-7]. Since only 4 interrupt nodes are available for ERU interrupts/service requests, multiple sources share interrupt nodes, as outlined in Table 22 below.

Di_W_0-1703665059320.png

There is a conflicting statement in the IR chapter "External Interrupts" of the TC3xx User's Manual, which currently reads:

• "Eight SRNs (Int_SCUSRC[7:0]) are reserved to handle external interrupts."

To address this conflict, the statement in the IR chapter should be updated as follows:

• "Four SRNs (SRC_SCUERUx (x=0-3)) are implemented to handle external interrupts."

Additionally, the Table "OGU to SRC connection" in the SCU chapter should be updated as follows:

In the SCU chapter, all references concerning the relationship between ERU_IOUT*, ERU_INT*, and SRC_SCUERU* should be interpreted according to the table above. The ERU_IOUTi and ERU_IOUTi+4 outputs are signaled through the ERU_INTi signals to the service request control registers SRC_SCUERUi in the interrupt router module (IR); i=0-3.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
che
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor

Yes.

0 Likes
Di_W
    /* Service request configuration */
    /* Get source pointer depending on outputChannel (SRC_SCUERU0 for outputChannel0) */
    g_ERUconfig.src=&MODULE_SRC.SCU.SCUERU[(int) g_ERUconfig.outputChannel % 4];

There are eight output channels, but only four SRC_SCUERUx and OGUx.ERU_IOUTx. Therefore, the code uses '%4' to ensure that the output channel number stays within the range of 0 to 3 when accessing these arrays.

0 Likes
che
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor

yes, only four SRC_SCUERUx and OGUx.ERU_IOUTx, But I would like to confirm about the output channelx connect to SRC_SCUERUx.

Each output channel can connect to any SRC_SCUERUx[3:0]?

ex: output channel 0 ==> SRC_SCUERU 2 or output channel 0 ==> SRC_SCUERU 3

0 Likes
Di_W

Referring to the document "Infineon-AURIX_TC39x_BD-Step-ErrataSheet-v01_10-EN.PDF"

INT_TC.H006: Number of SRNs supporting external interrupt/service requests

In the SCU chapter "Output Gating Unit" of the TC3xx User's Manual (V1.6 and newer versions), the following statement is currently present:

• "Interrupt/service requests can be generated only by the ERU OGU[0-3] via its outputs ERU_IOUT[0-3]."

However, it should be noted that, in reality, all ERU OGUs [0-7] have the capability to generate interrupts/service requests through outputs ERU_IOUT[0-7]. Since only 4 interrupt nodes are available for ERU interrupts/service requests, multiple sources share interrupt nodes, as outlined in Table 22 below.

Di_W_0-1703665059320.png

There is a conflicting statement in the IR chapter "External Interrupts" of the TC3xx User's Manual, which currently reads:

• "Eight SRNs (Int_SCUSRC[7:0]) are reserved to handle external interrupts."

To address this conflict, the statement in the IR chapter should be updated as follows:

• "Four SRNs (SRC_SCUERUx (x=0-3)) are implemented to handle external interrupts."

Additionally, the Table "OGU to SRC connection" in the SCU chapter should be updated as follows:

In the SCU chapter, all references concerning the relationship between ERU_IOUT*, ERU_INT*, and SRC_SCUERU* should be interpreted according to the table above. The ERU_IOUTi and ERU_IOUTi+4 outputs are signaled through the ERU_INTi signals to the service request control registers SRC_SCUERUi in the interrupt router module (IR); i=0-3.

che
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I forgot to check the errata sheet document firstly.

0 Likes