TC3XX clock monitor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
qiaozhi
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello Support,

TC3XX Clock Monitoring is described below in section 10.9.1 Clock Monitoring

qiaozhi_0-1674956673083.png

The basic principle of alive monitoring is to detect that the monitored clock is toggling within a certain reference
time slot generated by the diverse. What is clock toggling , and how do you understand it,Does that mean there's a clock frequency?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @qiaozhi ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) How do you understand it, does that mean there's a clock frequency?
-- Alive monitoring is a method of detecting that a clock is still functioning and toggling within a specific time window, which is generated by a reference clock. This ensures that the system is operating correctly and can detect any issues with the clock, such as a failure or drift in frequency, just like the below shows.

Jeremy_Zhou_0-1674976117381.png

And clock toggling refers to the switching of a clock signal between two logical states (e.g. high and low, or 1 and 0).

BR,

Jeremy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jeremy_Z

Hi @qiaozhi ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) How do you understand it, does that mean there's a clock frequency?
-- Alive monitoring is a method of detecting that a clock is still functioning and toggling within a specific time window, which is generated by a reference clock. This ensures that the system is operating correctly and can detect any issues with the clock, such as a failure or drift in frequency, just like the below shows.

Jeremy_Zhou_0-1674976117381.png

And clock toggling refers to the switching of a clock signal between two logical states (e.g. high and low, or 1 and 0).

BR,

Jeremy

Hello,Support,

Thank you very much for your reply. According to your reply, I understand the concept of clock toggling, but I still have the following questions about the Alive monitoring mechanism:

figure

qiaozhi_0-1675299511451.png

Based on the description in this paragraph, I think it is only for the monitoring function that Fback has a failure or drift in frequency.But for Fpll0,Fpll1,Fpll2 and Fspb, I read the manual and found that only these few clocks were checked by clock toggle detet (as shown in the figure below).

qiaozhi_1-1675299703453.png

Fpll0,Fpll1,Fpll2,Fspb clocks are only checked by toggle detet, so drift in frequency should not be monitored. However, there is a numerical comparison for Fback, which will monitor the drift in frequency. I don't know whether the understanding is correct, could you help me to answer it? Thank you.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @qiaozhi ,

In my opinion, the drift in frequency is not monitored for the Fpll0, Fpll1, Fpll2, Fspb clocks.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Jeremy

qiaozhi
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hi,Support,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Best Regards

0 Likes