Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Level 3
Level 3
First question asked Welcome!

I'm using Aurix TC397XP chip on our own custom board(hardware designed by ourselves but same with the reference design).

I found that before the first time connect to the tc397 with DAP, I must use DAS Basic Client to "Reset" the board. Then it will be fine to connect to Memtool. Or there would be error when connecting, it seems locked. 

Why is this happen? Is there any unlock mechanism for a brand new chip?

13699201840_0-1701079730952.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Have you reviewed this section in the user's manual "3.1.1.6.3 Processing in case no valid BMHD found".

You can only connect with a debugger if you issue a HARR otherwise you are in BSL mode which doesn't allow a debugger connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Have you reviewed this section in the user's manual "3.1.1.6.3 Processing in case no valid BMHD found".

You can only connect with a debugger if you issue a HARR otherwise you are in BSL mode which doesn't allow a debugger connection.

0 Likes
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

If no valid Boot Mode Header was found by the sequences, the SSW does not execute user code. The SSW prepares the device so that the user can connect, install valid Boot Mode Headers, program application code into PFlash, or install other device configurations. Therefore, for successful debugging connection, it is crucial to initiate a "Reset" using the DAS Basic Client before the initial DAP connection to the TC397. This ensures the availability of valid Boot Mode Headers, allowing for the execution of user code and subsequent programming operations through tools like Memtool.

0 Likes