TC397 can not run at adress 0xA0000000 after system reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LYW8914
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

My software is follow:

a.JPG

I want reset my TC397 after 1000ms. But after execute function IfxScuRcu_performReset, microchip not run with the adress 0xA0000000. I seed the BMHD information whthin Lauterbach, the start adress is 0xA0000000, as follow:

b.JPG

I want know why? How can I configure register about RCU?

0 Likes
11 Replies
saerpa
Level 2
Level 2
10 likes given 50 sign-ins First comment on blog

hi,

Your BMHD configuration seems right. Normally when you call the reset function, the TRACE32 will detect it and warn you like below, notice the pointer here should be 0xA0000000.

Snipaste_2023-05-10_18-25-58.png

0 Likes
LYW8914
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, after execute the reset, Lauterbach have not seen the start adress 0xA0000000.c.JPG

0 Likes
saerpa
Level 2
Level 2

Okay. Because the status of Lauterbach is "running". So do you enable a external watchdog? Please disable it at this moment. Then you can add a break point at 0xA0000000 and make sure this is the entry of "_START" function, just like my picture shows. And check if it can be triggered or not.

0 Likes
LYW8914
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, I have disable the external watchdog. 

IfxScuWdt_disableCpuWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatchdogPassword());

I add a break point at the 0xA0000000, after reset software have not triggered. 

0 Likes
saerpa
Level 2
Level 2

Not triggered is fine because it should capture the soft reset first.

I just look at your code. I'm wondering whether if it's too quick to trigger the soft reset. Can you just put a break point in initLEDs() and go after triggered OR move the delay and trigger lines in the while loop. Let's see if it works.

0 Likes
LYW8914
Level 2
Level 2

I put a break point in initLEDs(), I use Lauterbach reset command SYStem.RESetTarget , but the break point in initLEDs() can not triggered. 😥 And move the delay and trigger lines in the while loop, it not work. It have a TL35584 chip on board, is it have some realtion with this chip? aa.JPG

0 Likes
saerpa
Level 2
Level 2

That's weird. It seems your program is not running at all. Forget about the reset, can you toggle the LED? Please make sure your base project is working.
About the PMIC, since you already disable the watch dog, make sure the MCU power supply is stable, then it's fine.

0 Likes
LYW8914
Level 2
Level 2

I am sorry, my program  is normal. LED can toggle without reset function. The MCU power supply is stable. I found a point. After my chip is ready first time. Before I run the program, the register SCU_STMEM2 BOOT_ADDR is normal(A0000000). But after I run the program, BOOT_ADDR has changed to 0xC0000000.  I have do nothing  with this register in my program. a.JPGaa.JPG

0 Likes
saerpa
Level 2
Level 2

So your program only work for the first time after flashing and after that, e.g. power off and power on, it will not work right?

0 Likes
NXTY_Shingu
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
25 replies posted 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hello,

I found one point,
if you expect CPU running from STAD address with "Internal start from Flash" Start-up mode,
I think you might want to check your board whether the states of HWCFG pins matchs your expectation.

In your UCB information, it seems BMI.PINDIS : enabled (0B Mode selection by HWCFG pins is enabled)
and on this configuration the states of HWCFG pins may be referred for Start-up mode selection
as written on Figure "Hardware Configuration (HWCFG) pins" in UM PMS chapter.

Best Regards,

Ikki

0 Likes
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

Hi LYW8914, do you mean after reset, the Lauterbach cannot stop at any breakpoint? do you have any new progress?

0 Likes