TC397 TFT demo application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ValTek
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I recently purchase the TC397xx TFT demo board.

I tried to compile a project from the demo contained in the Aurix Dev Studio, everything is ok. This demo was provided with an application that use the TFT. I was thinking that this application was free: than I found that it is available only on my MyInfineon. No problem, I downloaded it and tried to compile...but seems that is required the:

C:\Tools\Compilers\HIGHTEC_4930\toolchains\tricore\v4.9.3.0/bin/tricore-gcc

Which is not provided for free. Is it right?

Is it possible to download at least the .hex or the .bin to reprogram the original application on the demo board? I need only to restore the eval board to original state. The demo board is provided with the TFT and now that I program it with another demo from the Aurix Dev Studio I lost the screen (it's not handled by any demo projets).

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nambi
50 likes received 5 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

1. In the BIFACES build setup, can you check the following?
i) In the file "Application_Kit_TC397B_V2.0.0\Application_Kit_TC397B\1_ToolEnv\0_Build\1_Config\Config.xml", confirm if the primary toolchain is Gnuc. This is the default configuration in the project.

<!-- Architecture congfigurations -->
<architecture name="Tricore" primaryToolchain= "Gnuc">

ii) In the file "Application_Kit_TC397B_V2.0.0\Application_Kit_TC397B\1_ToolEnv\0_Build\1_Config\Config_Tricore_Gnuc\Config_Gnuc.mk", check the path mapping for "B_GNUC_TRICORE_PATH". There is a default path available in the project. Please ensure that the path configuration is as per your actual installation path.

2. Did you try building using BIFACES after ensuring the above points and applying the license as procured from "https://free-entry-toolchain.hightec-rt.com/".

3. Could you also check https://free-entry-toolchain.hightec-rt.com/HighTec_Free_TriCore_Entry_Toolchain_Migration_Guide.pdf... ?

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Nambi
0 Likes
ValTek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

exactly: I download the project, inside there's no pre-compiled project.

So I tried to compile but I'm not able. I download the BIFACES from the file area and than the AURIX™ TC3xx - Free Entry Tool Chain.

I'm trying to setup the project in the Aurix Studio but, after some tentative, I have this error:

10:12:12 **** Incremental Build of configuration test for project Application_Kit_TC397B ****
make --output-sync -j8 all 
Error with products query: No error
Building file: ../0_Src/BaseSw/iLLD/TC39B/Tricore/_PinMap/IfxCan_PinMap.c
Invoking: AURIX GCC Compiler
tricore-gcc -std=c99 -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -fno-common -fstrict-volatile-bitfields -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -mtc161 -MMD -MP -MF"0_Src/BaseSw/iLLD/TC39B/Tricore/_PinMap/IfxCan_PinMap.d" -MT"0_Src/BaseSw/iLLD/TC39B/Tricore/_PinMap/IfxCan_PinMap.o" -o "0_Src/BaseSw/iLLD/TC39B/Tricore/_PinMap/IfxCan_PinMap.o" "../0_Src/BaseSw/iLLD/TC39B/Tricore/_PinMap/IfxCan_PinMap.c"
license check: No valid license!

I'm working on it, but it is not clear to me if it is possible to compile the project with:

- Aurix Studio

- AURIX™ TC3xx - Free Entry Tool Chain (with license - which actually seems to be invalid, but it's the one from the site download)

- BIFACES (I use the win64 version).

Anyway, before the project code, I simply need the original application to restore the demo board. Is it available somewhere?

0 Likes
NXTY_Mori
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 sign-ins 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

Has your HIGHTEC compiler license expired?
For the license file, check license.lic in the "C: \ Tools \ Compilers \ HIGHTEC_4930 \ licenses" folder.

If your license has expired, you will need to contact HIGHTEC.

Best Regards,
K.Mori

0 Likes
ValTek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

no it is not expired since I download it 2 days ago (It last 1 year). Also in the license file is stated that it expire on 2023.

If I move the file, then it says it is not find (-102).

Is there a guide to compile this project?

0 Likes
NXTY_Mori
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - NEXTY (Japan)
100 sign-ins 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi,

Thank you for your response.
Is it possible to create the same Demo file with BIFACES and compile it with the HIGHTEC compiler?

If BIFACES also displays error similar to "No valid license!", you may need to contact with HIGHTEC as there may be a problem with your license file.

If you do not see error similar to "No valid license!", the AURIX Dev Studio configuration information may be inadequate.

Best Regards,
K.Mori

0 Likes
ValTek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use the HighTech ide, I notice that there is a popup using this IDE that ask for license activation. I activate it...and start to setup the project.

I fix the dependency and the necessary definitions. However it is not compile, it's complicate to adjust all the necessary things.

For example, I see:

__TASKING__

__DCC__

__HIGHTEC__

__ghs__

In the main I assume it is required using __TASKING__

but sometimes in the code I must use the __HIGHTEC__

This is an asumption...is there any indication?

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi,

1. In the BIFACES build setup, can you check the following?
i) In the file "Application_Kit_TC397B_V2.0.0\Application_Kit_TC397B\1_ToolEnv\0_Build\1_Config\Config.xml", confirm if the primary toolchain is Gnuc. This is the default configuration in the project.

<!-- Architecture congfigurations -->
<architecture name="Tricore" primaryToolchain= "Gnuc">

ii) In the file "Application_Kit_TC397B_V2.0.0\Application_Kit_TC397B\1_ToolEnv\0_Build\1_Config\Config_Tricore_Gnuc\Config_Gnuc.mk", check the path mapping for "B_GNUC_TRICORE_PATH". There is a default path available in the project. Please ensure that the path configuration is as per your actual installation path.

2. Did you try building using BIFACES after ensuring the above points and applying the license as procured from "https://free-entry-toolchain.hightec-rt.com/".

3. Could you also check https://free-entry-toolchain.hightec-rt.com/HighTec_Free_TriCore_Entry_Toolchain_Migration_Guide.pdf... ?

Best Regards,

0 Likes