For Infineon TC397, is the erased state undetermined? That means it can be in any state between "0" and "1" after erasing, am I right?
So if some of flash address are not programed or written after the whole flash erasing, will this TC397 have an ECC error that makes it can not work properly, or it can work regularly?
Expecting your reply sincerely!
- Due to request the PFlash Safety ECC had to be done in a way that an erased range of PFlash is NOT ECC valid
- Reading of an erased word causes ERROR FLAG of ECC: not correctable error
- However, PFlash software loader and application code need to check that certain PFlash “ranges” are erased
- need markers to identify the state of code/data written to PFlash
- The presentation shows some possible solutions with the emphasis on a “2 Part” Marker solution
Please contact your Infineon representative for details of presentation which is on ISOLAR-30917.