Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FranciscaGS
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello Infineon Community,

I have created a new project in the ADS for  a TC38 processor. I have selected a Custom Board. 

As active build configuration  I have the default TriCore Debug (TASKING).

In the core0_main function I have just added a simple loop, incrementing a variable and checking its value.

I have built the project with no errors but 5  warnings "Unused declaration of variable '__START0'" START1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

I have loaded the generated elf file using a UDE Debugger on a TC38xx board. I can see the symbols. 

I wanted to see the program reached the COre0_main function by setting a breakpoint, but it did not reach it when I started runnig the progeam.  Following the code I have set a beakpoint at the _START function in the startup file Ifx_Ssw_Tc0.c but this one is also not reached.

I would be very thankful if someone could tell me where the problem is.

Thanks in advance and regards

Francisca

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kavya_B
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hello @FranciscaGS ,

Thanks for the clarification.

The issue is related to why breakpoints are not hit on a successfully loaded application on UDE debugger.

We think that it is related to the UDE debugger. Could you please contact the debugger vendor on this?

Thanks,

Kavya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kavya_B

Hello @FranciscaGS ,

In ADS with Tasking debugger, I could reach to the startup code and was able to put break points there by doing a change in Debugger configuration. Please see the attached screenshot which shows the change I made to reach to startup software  once the debugging is started.

Following the setting: Debug Configurations > Initialization > Goto.

Can you please try to change this setting as per your need and let us know if you could keep breakpoint in startup software?

Regards,

Kavya

0 Likes

Hello @Kavya_B ,

thanks for your response.

If I have understood correctly you are debugging directly from the ADS IDE.

In my case I am trying to debug 

What I am trying is to debug the elf file generated with the ADS outside from the ADS IDE. I have an UDE debugger and from its IDE I am able to  load the elf file generated I can see the symbols and set breakpoints there but when I start runnig the program these breakpoints are not reached.

It is possible to do what I am trying?

However I have uploaded the settings you have mentioned but this has no effect in my case.

Thnaks and regards,

Francisca

0 Likes
Kavya_B

Hello @FranciscaGS ,

Thanks for the clarification.

The issue is related to why breakpoints are not hit on a successfully loaded application on UDE debugger.

We think that it is related to the UDE debugger. Could you please contact the debugger vendor on this?

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes

Hello @Kavya_B ,

thanks for your response.

I agree. I have already contacted PLS support.

Thanks and regards,

Francisca