TC387 persists on low-level at /ESR0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22450
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
Hello intelligence cluster,

our TC387 persists on low-level at /ESR0 and thereby stays in RESET state. The controller is in fresh original condition, no SW, no changes to UCB.
Any idea what can cause this?
No shortcircuit from /ESR0 to GND. In deenergized condition we measure 4k to GND, the same as on /ESR1.

5301.attach
5302.attach

Regards,
GyroGearloose
0 Likes
1 Solution
User22450
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
MoD wrote:
If you have really connected 3,3V to VDD as in picture then you have an overvoltage condition on VDD and I expect that the device is killed. You need 1,25V on VDD.

Sorry, my fault. VDD is already 1V25, but thank you for your hint!

PROBLEM SOLVED THREAD CAN BE CLOSED
The decesive factor was the external circuit on P20.2 General-purpose input (testmode enable pin).
External pull-up to 5V solved it.

Thanks alot for your ideas!
Bye GG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies
RValascho
Employee
Employee
First like received 5 questions asked First question asked
ESR0 means that the Tricore has remained in the Infineon Boot Code, the SSW. This can commonly be caused by misconfigured UCBs, but you mentioned you have not changed them. Also, in the case that there are two SMU related resets consecutively, then ESR0 will remain low. The SSW will hold the IC in Infineon boot if this is recognized. Look at "Double SMU Resets" in the manual. But this signature as you show it does not line up with what I would expect for a double SMU reset. And by default, only the Watchdogs, and Recovery timers tied to them, can generate an SMU reset.
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
You need to program the UCB_BMHD0_ORIG and COPY with a valid configuration.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
If you have really connected 3,3V to VDD as in picture then you have an overvoltage condition on VDD and I expect that the device is killed. You need 1,25V on VDD.
0 Likes
User22450
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
MoD wrote:

Sorry, my fault. VDD is already 1V25, but thank you for your hint!

PROBLEM SOLVED THREAD CAN BE CLOSED
The decesive factor was the external circuit on P20.2 General-purpose input (testmode enable pin).
External pull-up to 5V solved it.

Thanks alot for your ideas!
Bye GG
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored
Hi All
I have the same issue (ESR0 alwasy at low level). It happened after I tried to download the SW with the build-in functionality of the Tasking compiler. The download failed immediately and later, trying with the Lauterbach, I'm no more able to connect.
There is something I can check? I'm working on the triboard TC377
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
5436.attach

UCBs seems fine. I manage to connect with the Memtool via serial (changhing the HWCFG pins). I'm right? What alse could lock ESR0 to a low value?
0 Likes
User9635
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 50 questions asked 25 replies posted
FD_Aurix wrote:
5436.attach

UCBs seems fine. I manage to connect with the Memtool via serial (changhing the HWCFG pins). I'm right? What alse could lock ESR0 to a low value?

So you are saying that MemTool is connecting while Lauterbach or iSystem is not connecting.
Is that correct?
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
Yes, But Memtool via serial (BSL/ASC). Memtool via DAS also do not work.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Measure the ESR0 signal with an oscilloscope. The signal should be go to high for a short time, if not and the signal stays always at low then device is broken (e.g. erase BMHDx..ORIG and ..COPY) and can't recovered. In this case you can only exchange the device.
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received
UCB_BMHD0 start address is not correct, u should set it to internal program flash address -> 0x80000000
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
Thanks all for the answer

@MoD: ERS0 is always low, no transition is present at power up. But as above I can connect with the Memtool and the UCB seems correct (at least what we could see here) so I don't htink is broken or UCB corrupted.

@Vincent. Why is not correct? In my code this is the starting address. Also other board have the same starting address and are working properly.
5438.attach

I've another idea.. I've seen is possible to download a SW with the memtool but the address allowed are only Axxxxxxx. My code runs on 8xxxxx. I can move my code to Axxxx and download the code via the memtool but then the starting address into the UCB will be wrong. Is is feaseable to change it via the memtool (I've never done it).
Only change the value and press write or some other steps are necessary (checksum, UCB copy update, password to enable writing)
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
FD_Aurix wrote:
5436.attach

this screenshot showed start address -> invalid
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
5439.attach

The actual configuration is on the left (at least I suppose). On the right is the value you can set. I think is presented as "invalid" because memtool manage only on the address 0xA000000
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
are u able to set start address -> 0xA0000000 & click Write configuration?
after that, reset ur device & check ESR0 status.

how about content of BMHD1/2/3?

u mentioned "It happened after I tried to download the SW with the build-in functionality of the Tasking compiler. The download failed immediately and later....." so might be did not finished erasing/programming flash content -> corrupted UCBs?
so ESR0 always Low.... then comment from MoD is correct -> "Measure the ESR0 signal with an oscilloscope. The signal should be go to high for a short time, if not and the signal stays always at low then device is broken (e.g. erase BMHDx..ORIG and ..COPY) and can't recovered. In this case you can only exchange the device."

can focus on what is the difference that u have done (ie, procedures) between a good unit & bad unit.
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
Hi Vincent

BMH1/2/3 are empty and not valid.

About the "sequence" I've not done anything different than the other time (or at least I think :-\).

I've just now downloaded a SW with the addresses moved to 0xA0000020 but still not work, probably because it is in the wrong location the starting address pointer... Then I've tried to write the address via the memtool but it ask to re-write a password and actually I don't find any reference on what is a proper value to write here

5442.attach
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Sorry, I am a little confused now. If the ESR0 signal is always low then you can't download any software to the device. What is not working in your case?
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
I can do it with the Memtool connected via serial. When I select the proper HWCFG pins I can connect with the Memtool and the ESR0 is no more kept low (till I'm in this mode).

BTW I've changed the starting address manually, pressed WRITE -> Ok on the default password request and in the latest confirmation windows with the disclaimer "you could lock the possibility to flash again the target" I've selected NO to abort the request . Or at least it should have aborted the writing request but probably in any case something has been changed... now I can connect with the lauterbach and the uC is working again:-\.
0 Likes
User9635
Level 4
Level 4
FD_Aurix wrote:
I can do it with the Memtool connected via serial. When I select the proper HWCFG pins I can connect with the Memtool and the ESR0 is no more kept low (till I'm in this mode).

BTW I've changed the starting address manually, pressed WRITE -> Ok on the default password request and in the latest confirmation windows with the disclaimer "you could lock the possibility to flash again the target" I've selected NO to abort the request . Or at least it should have aborted the writing request but probably in any case something has been changed... now I can connect with the lauterbach and the uC is working again:-\.

Can you please elaborate HWCFG pin configuration when you connect as BSL Mode?
Also, how are your physical connection mechanism from Host to Target hardware?
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
Yes sure. I'm actually working on a Triboard demoboard so I've a DIP switch where I can easly change the HWCFG pins configuration.
5467.attach

The connection is done with the onboard circuit present on the board. I think is the same HW of the miniwiggler.
0 Likes
User9635
Level 4
Level 4
FD_Aurix wrote:
Yes sure. I'm actually working on a Triboard demoboard so I've a DIP switch where I can easly change the HWCFG pins configuration.
5467.attach

The connection is done with the onboard circuit present on the board. I think is the same HW of the miniwiggler.

So, to which pins on TriBoard you are connecting the Host PC interface using miniwiggler external USB Adapter so that MemTool can perform initial BSL related RAM download?
0 Likes
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
So, to which pins on TriBoard you are connecting the Host PC interface using miniwiggler external USB Adapter so that MemTool can perform initial BSL related RAM download?

PC is connected to the Triboard USB. Then there is a build in debug/program interface on the Triboard (I think is the same HW more or less of the miniwiggler) that is connected to the uC. You can check the triboard schematics for the wiring. Then I connect via the Memtool in ASC/BSL mode (DAP mode do not work in my case till the uC was in "locked" condition).
0 Likes