Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AhmedSaber
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello,

I'm using the AURIX TC387 target with the 4 cores, core0 as the master. Core1,2,3 as slave cores

I need to set the whole controller" system" into low power mode "sleep"

As per the AURIX TC3xx UM, we can trigger the system low mode in two ways:

1. To configure each core to trigger the system low power mode, slaves are to enter the mode first then last the Master.

2. Or to configure the Master core only to trigger the low power mode

I'm configuring for the second approach with the CPU0 as the master core

So in the application, I did the following in order:

1. SCU_PMSWCR1.CPUSEL = 0x01                                // the authorized core to trigger the system low power mode

2. PMTRCSR0.LPSLPEN=0x01                                        // to put the EVRC in low power mode within the sleep mode

3. PMCSR0.REQSLP=0X02             // Request sleep mode for the system

The problem is,

I still see the CPUs are executing the SW, which means the CPUs didn't reach sleep mode indeed.
from the debugger, I see the req sleep is oscillating between Run, System Sleep, and the current CPU status oscillates between Normal, Sleep Requested

Screenshot1 shows the CPU status and the sleep request status

AhmedSaber_0-1665572203357.jpeg

Screenshot1 shows the CPU status and the sleep request status"Different from the above"

AhmedSaber_1-1665572203355.jpeg

 My question is,

What I'm missing here?/Is there some limitations or pre-requisite to reach the sleep mode?

0 Likes
2 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
10 likes given 50 likes received 500 replies posted

There are interrupts active which set the CPUs back in run mode. To go to sleep mode you must make sure that there is no pending/occuring interrupt.

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored
0 Likes