Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tonny
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 50 sign-ins

Drar Infineon Expert,

We're using the tc387 EDSADC for resolver application,and we learned some important information from AP32270. My question is, there is code explaination  in AP32270 about resover, where can I find this part of the code,Please help!

pic.png

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kunqiao_L
First comment on blog First like given 25 likes received

Hi Tonny,

Let me summary all the questions before.

• Regarding the SDCAP initial value, the common practice is to collect and analyze a significant number of SDCAP values at the startup in the static motor condition.
  • SDNEG, SDPOS, and Integration start should be updated when SDCAP changes. The common practice here is to apply an averaging of a series of SDCAP values
    to compensate for noise. SDCAP might appear noisy at zero-crossing sections of the signal. 
  • The corresponding quadrant is determined by calculating the angle based on the SDCAP value static motor position without group delay of the filter chain. The angle = SDCAP/ (NVALINT+1) * 360. For example: 

SDCAP = 0x27 (39), NVALINT = 63. 

The angle = 219.3 degrees, which is Q3 quadrant, thus

SDNEG = SDCAP

SDPOS = SDCAP - ½(NVALINT+1)

Hope those answers could help you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kunqiao_L

Hi Tonny,

This is AP32270 is for TC2XX and author has decided not to release source code since 2021, it only provides some slides for user to implement by himself. See in the attachment.

Again, as we discussed in last thread, please refer to those APs to implement resolver application on TC3XX EDSADC.

TC387-EDSADC-Resolver-Application 

AURIX_DSADC 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Now that I'm debugging, I'm noticing that the sine SDCAP value keeps bouncing around, and I'm not sure how to determine this value.Thank you, your assistance is appreciated! 

sdf.png

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi,

Normally the SDCAP is a pretty stable value, how much range changes for your SDCAP? It would nice if you could share us more information about your code or your carrier/EDSADC configuration. 

Other customer has 0xF,  maybe you could check it as reference:

Aurix-TC365-EDSADC-Return-Signal-Synchronization/td-p/357731 

0 Likes

The SDCAP value jumps from approximately 0 to 0x28, and 0x27 is relatively stable. The carrier signal is normal and  frequency is 9.765KHz. Integrator window is right and the RSM event is about 102us. 

I don't how to debuging the SDCAP, while the rotor is rotating or stationary for debugging. Some debugging guidance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi Tonny,

Let me talk to other experts which focus on this application and then get back to you in a few days. Thanks

0 Likes

ok, thanks

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi Tonny,

No problem, in the meantime waiting, you could try several things

1) Use SDCAP 0x27 as stable value to do rectification and try to see the final result. 

IFX_likunqiao_0-1697799588096.png

2) Avoid using FIRs due to the long group delay and choose higher integrator count for better angle accuracy.

Thanks

0 Likes

0 Likes
Tonny
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 50 sign-ins

Is there anyone else who can offer some advice?😂

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi Tonny,

Questions have been forward to our colleagues.  At least first question I can answer:  SDPOS, SDNEG is needed to be update if SDCAP changes. 

Please wait a little bit more time, thanks.

0 Likes

noted,thank you!

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi Tonny,

Let me summary all the questions before.

• Regarding the SDCAP initial value, the common practice is to collect and analyze a significant number of SDCAP values at the startup in the static motor condition.
  • SDNEG, SDPOS, and Integration start should be updated when SDCAP changes. The common practice here is to apply an averaging of a series of SDCAP values
    to compensate for noise. SDCAP might appear noisy at zero-crossing sections of the signal. 
  • The corresponding quadrant is determined by calculating the angle based on the SDCAP value static motor position without group delay of the filter chain. The angle = SDCAP/ (NVALINT+1) * 360. For example: 

SDCAP = 0x27 (39), NVALINT = 63. 

The angle = 219.3 degrees, which is Q3 quadrant, thus

SDNEG = SDCAP

SDPOS = SDCAP - ½(NVALINT+1)

Hope those answers could help you.

0 Likes

Hi IFX_likunqiao:

Thank you so much for your patience! I'm going to try what you suggested.

0 Likes