TC377 Die Temperature reliability

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22230
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I'm Yonghee Lee and working as soft engineer with Aurix TC377.

The thing I want to ask you to answer is that the internal die temperature can be used for safety (ISO26262).

The MCU will be monitoring the internal die temperature of TC377 and checking if it is out of range about operation.

I am wondering If the above system can meet the safety requirements or there is some system using die temperature for safety.

Please let me know if you have an idea about the question.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
DownyK
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi 

in Auirx, you can use the DTS module for measuring Core Die Temperature.

In this function, when a specific temperature condition is reached, an SMU alarm occurs to turn on the FSP or to operate a Reset.

But making sure this feature can satisfy your safety requirements is a whole other story.

A problem like this can judge whether a requirement can be satisfied with that function, depending on which requirement is written

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DownyK
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi 

in Auirx, you can use the DTS module for measuring Core Die Temperature.

In this function, when a specific temperature condition is reached, an SMU alarm occurs to turn on the FSP or to operate a Reset.

But making sure this feature can satisfy your safety requirements is a whole other story.

A problem like this can judge whether a requirement can be satisfied with that function, depending on which requirement is written

Thanks

0 Likes
ASUS
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi, 

You can use both DTS and DTSC to check each other for ASIL-D. The acceptable difference shall not exceed 9℃.

Best Regards

ASUS

0 Likes