TC367D application reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ana0211
Level 2
Level 2
10 likes given 5 replies posted 5 likes given

Hi,

I am currently trying to provoke an application reset on core0 of TC367D using the IfxScuRcu_performReset(IfxScuRcu_ResetType_application, (UINT16)0x0000); function (I also tried with the example code from the Gitlab, but the result is the same).

Whenever I do that, the microcontroller gets stuck afterwards (during the reset I guess). Is there any way to attach to the running target to see what is happening ?

Can you please tell me if there is anything else to be done (the watchdogs have been previously disabled) ? Is there any specific state in which the other core should be when reseting? Any lead can be helpful !

Thank you !

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nambi
500 replies posted 50 likes received 5 likes given

Hi Ana,

1. Is the debugger connected during your test? Can you check without the debugger?

2. Are you triggering the reset based on a condition?
eg:
uint trigger_reset=0;

if( trigger_reset = 1)
{ triggerSwReset(); }

If the reset is triggered unconditionally, it is possible that the device is getting reset repeatedly and stuck. You can toggle a GPIO/LED at the beginning of your main() before calling reset. During your test without the debugger, you can check if there was a reset or continuous resets based on the GPIO/LED toggle.

Best Regards,
Nambi.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Nambi

Hi,

Can you try the triggerSwReset() function from the example SCU_Reset_Detection_1 for KIT_AURIX_TC397_TFT in ADS(Aurix Development Studio)

https://www.infineon.com/aurix-expert-training/Infineon-AURIX_SCU_Reset_Detection_1_KIT_TC397_TFT-TR...

Best Regards.

Ana0211
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Yes, I tried it and the result is the same. Do you have any idea why ?

Ana

0 Likes
Ana0211
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Nambi,

Any update on this topic ?

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi Ana,

1. Is the debugger connected during your test? Can you check without the debugger?

2. Are you triggering the reset based on a condition?
eg:
uint trigger_reset=0;

if( trigger_reset = 1)
{ triggerSwReset(); }

If the reset is triggered unconditionally, it is possible that the device is getting reset repeatedly and stuck. You can toggle a GPIO/LED at the beginning of your main() before calling reset. During your test without the debugger, you can check if there was a reset or continuous resets based on the GPIO/LED toggle.

Best Regards,
Nambi.