Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AndreaD1
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello, I want to supply microcontroller in single supply mode (Vext=5V) and I want the microcontroller to generate internally VDD (1.25V) and VDDP3 (3.3V).

I'm not able to find on your documentation which external components (MOSFET,inductor) I need to connect to EVC regulator. I just find these information for TC37x or higher.

Also, I'm not able to find VGATE1P and VGATE1N on microcontroller pinout. I've found VCAP pins but I don't know if they're part of EVC regulator.

Additionally, I don't know what is VDDO? This is a power supply different to VDD? What I need to connect to this?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

AD

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meet_T
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @AndreaD1 ,

1. Hello, I want to supply microcontroller in single supply mode (Vext=5V) and I want the microcontroller to generate internally VDD (1.25V) and VDDP3 (3.3V).

-> For this kindly refer to the following section in the user manual:

"12.2.2.1 Linear Regulator Mode (EVR33)" -> for 3.3V

"12.2.2.2 Switch Capacitor Regulator (EVRC)" -> for 1.25V

2. I'm not able to find on your documentation which external components (MOSFET,inductor) I need to connect to EVC regulator. I just find these information for TC37x or higher.

-> You can take help of application note AP32344-AURIX™ TC3xx SMPS regulator here the section-4 PCB layout recommendations provides some recommendation regarding EVR components. 

3. Also, I'm not able to find VGATE1P and VGATE1N on microcontroller pinout. I've found VCAP pins but I don't know if they're part of EVC regulator.

-> You can find it from the datasheet of the device you are using. For example for TC37x Datasheet you can find the pinning information in section 2.1 and 2.2

4. Additionally, I don't know what is VDDO? This is a power supply different to VDD? What I need to connect to this?

-> VDDO is available for TC32x and TC33x device (see datasheet TC33x_TC32xAA_DS_v1.1.pdf), It is Switch capacitor EVRC Core regulator VDD supply output which shall be connected to other VDD pins externally on PCB level.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Meet_T
100 solutions authored 25 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @AndreaD1 ,

1. Hello, I want to supply microcontroller in single supply mode (Vext=5V) and I want the microcontroller to generate internally VDD (1.25V) and VDDP3 (3.3V).

-> For this kindly refer to the following section in the user manual:

"12.2.2.1 Linear Regulator Mode (EVR33)" -> for 3.3V

"12.2.2.2 Switch Capacitor Regulator (EVRC)" -> for 1.25V

2. I'm not able to find on your documentation which external components (MOSFET,inductor) I need to connect to EVC regulator. I just find these information for TC37x or higher.

-> You can take help of application note AP32344-AURIX™ TC3xx SMPS regulator here the section-4 PCB layout recommendations provides some recommendation regarding EVR components. 

3. Also, I'm not able to find VGATE1P and VGATE1N on microcontroller pinout. I've found VCAP pins but I don't know if they're part of EVC regulator.

-> You can find it from the datasheet of the device you are using. For example for TC37x Datasheet you can find the pinning information in section 2.1 and 2.2

4. Additionally, I don't know what is VDDO? This is a power supply different to VDD? What I need to connect to this?

-> VDDO is available for TC32x and TC33x device (see datasheet TC33x_TC32xAA_DS_v1.1.pdf), It is Switch capacitor EVRC Core regulator VDD supply output which shall be connected to other VDD pins externally on PCB level.

0 Likes