TC2xx UCB sector size for erasing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
Dear All,
As I understood, In TC233 chip the every UCB could be erased by "Erase Logical Sector Range" command. Does UCB sector has 1kByte size or 8 sectors x 128 bytes each?
0 Likes
1 Solution
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
I do not recommend erasing multiple UCBs at a time. UCB_IFX is smack in the middle of the range, and cannot be erased.

UCBs are 1K (see Table 11-3 Sector Structure of DFlash Bank 0 on page 825).

As always, tread carefully with UCBs - if you erase a UCB without writing the confirmation word, and reset the device, the AURIX is not recoverable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
I do not recommend erasing multiple UCBs at a time. UCB_IFX is smack in the middle of the range, and cannot be erased.

As always, tread carefully with UCBs - if you erase a UCB without writing the confirmation word, and reset the device, the AURIX is not recoverable.
0 Likes
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
UC_wrangler wrote:

Yes, thanks, I care about it. After the erasing UCB I immediately write it with confirmation code without restarting.
0 Likes