TC2XX Dflash erase time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21081
Level 1
Level 1
When running an erase on a single sector, 8K bytes, it takes a little over 106ms. Is this erase time typical? Causes problems with my 100ms watch dog. Curious if I'm doing something wrong.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
The erase times are given in the data flash erase time per sector in https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TC29xBC-DataSheet-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462694c98b4016953....

The time of course depends on the frequency, but I make one sector being 2.3 ms or so, which should be well within your watchdog limitl
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The erase time is a dependent of the erase counts. With the erase counts also the erase time is increased. Typical erase time (erase count < 1000) is 120ms per single sector.
Why you have a problem with the watchdog during flash erase? You can service the watchdog during wait for erase finished when your watchdog is enabled.
0 Likes
User21081
Level 1
Level 1
MoD wrote:
The erase time is a dependent of the erase counts. With the erase counts also the erase time is increased. Typical erase time (erase count < 1000) is 120ms per single sector.
Why you have a problem with the watchdog during flash erase? You can service the watchdog during wait for erase finished when your watchdog is enabled.

Oh I see, you must be using an interrupt callback when the erase is complete? I'm just using a while loop waiting for the FSR to be not busy.
0 Likes
User21081
Level 1
Level 1
Darren Galpin wrote:
The erase times are given in the data flash erase time per sector in https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TC29xBC-DataSheet-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462694c98b4016953....

The time of course depends on the frequency, but I make one sector being 2.3 ms or so, which should be well within your watchdog limitl

Thanks for pointing this out. For data flash the equation is 0.12 + 0.08/(fFSI [MHz]), the return value is in seconds. So basically it should not be less than 120ms from what I'm seeing. But this helps justify what I'm seeing a lot because I thought it should have been much less than this.
0 Likes
User21081
Level 1
Level 1
jaltice wrote:
Oh I see, you must be using an interrupt callback when the erase is complete? I'm just using a while loop waiting for the FSR to be not busy.

Nevermind, I can service the watchdog inside the while loop is what I think you are saying. Thanks
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi jaltice,

did you finally solve your problem?

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes