TC299 memtool erase error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19305
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Everyone,

I'm using a TC299 on a custom PCB. After a while, the MCU started to behave faulty. First, isystem debugger was unable to reset the device, hence it was unable to program the device. At this point I was able to flash my hex file with Infineon memtool, and miniwigler . Later, the memtool started to fail during erease operation. It doesn't prompt any error code. Otherwise I'm still able to connect to the target, and read specific address ranges. BMHD areas are filled correctly, so the device is not in bootstrap loader mode, and the debug interface isn't locked. What could cause such a situation? Are there any method to restore the mcu?
0 Likes
8 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
How many times have you flashed PFLASH and/or the UCBs? The datasheet specifies the maximum number of program/erase cycles.
0 Likes
User19305
Level 1
Level 1
Don't know exactly, but about 10-30 times
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Which error code you get, which messages? What you are programming? Also some UCBs?
0 Likes
User19305
Level 1
Level 1
I have attached a screenshoot from the memtool. There is no error code prompted. I try to program the pflash from 0xA0000000 to 0xA000FFFF. UCB-s are not changed. BMHD areas are valid.

4832.attach
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The is a menu point Log, Is there any error message?
Can you readout some register with a debugger? Which debugger?
0 Likes
User19305
Level 1
Level 1
I have attahed the log file output. Reading out is working. I'm using a DAP miniwigler3 as debugger
4833.attach4834.attach
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
Did you change the RAM initialization via the PROCOND?
I have seen this when RAMIN=NoInit meaning the SSW will not initialize the RAM's.
afaik most debuggers will download a flash driver to PSPR RAM of CPU0. If this has not been written at least once there will be ECC errors in the RAM and the driver will fail.
0 Likes
User19305
Level 1
Level 1
I didn't changed it
0 Likes