TC275 Multican+ cannot work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NianzunQi77
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello guys,

I'm trying actually to use the Multican+ in order to send/receive messages with an external CAN Analyzer (CAN Vector) from the CAN Node 0. I used the sample code for the TC275 Lite Kit,
configure the input/output P20.7 as a pull-up input and P20.8 as a push-pull output + disable the loopback Mode.
I check also the hardware configuration, the physical connection seems good (120 Ohms termination resistor end-to-end of the bus), the baudrate and the sample point (75%) are the same for the Aurix and the CAN Vector.

When I look closely at the registers, when requesting transmission (set TXRQ) :

 NEWDAT = 0 (cleared by hardware meaning that the data has been transferred to the internal buffer of the CAN Node + indicate that the msg is no longer new)
 TXPND = 0 (NO CAN message has been transmitted)
 TXRQ = 1 (not cleared by hardware meaning that transmission is not successful)

If we take a look at the Node Status Register, this is what we see :
 Last Error Code = 5 (LEC, meaning A CAN Error Bit 1 ; the CAN Node tried to send a dominant level but the monitored bus value was recessive)
 TXOK = 0 (transmission not successful)
 ALERT = 1 (Alert Warning)
 Bus-Off Status = 0

The signal INIT goes back to 1, meaning that the node is not participating anymore in the CAN traffic.
Do you have an idea of the potential problem ? What do you suggest please ?

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored
0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Di_W

First debug with loopback, if it's working, then changed the pin settings. Attached is for your reference.

0 Likes

I have checked the loopback mode and it has been set to FALSE.

This is a problem that has puzzled me for a long time. Could you please help me check the codes? Here is my email address. Please feel free to send me a team link.

qinianzun@163.com

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi zun,

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples/MULTICAN_1_KIT_TC297_TFT

Please start from above code and change the loopback mode as above pdf. 

0 Likes