TC275 - Multican+ cannot transmit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22441
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted
Hello guys,

I'm trying actually to use the Multican+ in order to send/receive messages with an external CAN Analyzer (CAN Vector) from the CAN Node 0. I used the sample code for the TC275 Lite Kit,
configure the input/output P20.7 as a pull-up input and P20.8 as a push-pull output + disable the loopback Mode.
I check also the hardware configuration, the physical connection seems good (120 Ohms termination resistor end-to-end of the bus), the baudrate and the sample point (75%) are the same for the Aurix and the CAN Vector.

When I look closely at the registers, when requesting transmission (set TXRQ) :

 NEWDAT = 0 (cleared by hardware meaning that the data has been transferred to the internal buffer of the CAN Node + indicate that the msg is no longer new)
 TXPND = 0 (NO CAN message has been transmitted)
 TXRQ = 1 (not cleared by hardware meaning that transmission is not successful)

If we take a look at the Node Status Register, this is what we see :
 Last Error Code = 5 (LEC, meaning A CAN Error Bit 1 ; the CAN Node tried to send a dominant level but the monitored bus value was recessive)
 TXOK = 0 (transmission not successful)
 ALERT = 1 (Alert Warning)
 Bus-Off Status = 0

The signal INIT goes back to 1, meaning that the node is not participating anymore in the CAN traffic.
Do you have an idea of the potential problem ? What do you suggest please ?

Thank you,

Francky
0 Likes
2 Replies
User22620
Level 1
Level 1
Hi..........I could resolve the issue utilizing an tool named "Registry Compare", which I used to analyze a checkout from GIT which showed the issue and a functioning neighborhood duplicate which was pushed to git. It worked out that few organizers and .application documents

were absent in the Dave registry. The Dave/Model/APPS/* index was influenced. I can prescribe this apparatus to examine this kind of issue.
0 Likes
User22441
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted
Hi BriggTrim,

I think you might be on the wrong thread or I may not understand how your response can solve my problem sorry.

My problem is that I do not achieve to communicate through the CAN with an external device such as CAN Vector. In Loopback mode, everything works fine.
Furthermore, I check also the CAN_H and CAN_L voltage levels while the bus CAN is IDLE, I get 1,78 volts. Is my CAN Transceiver faulty or damaged ? (TLE9251V)

Thanks you for helping me,

Francky
0 Likes