TC264 - Synchronous update of different ATOM modules

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
André
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked

Hi!
Is there a way to synchronous update of multiple ATOM modules running at the same frequency?

I have to control a full bridge but Q1/Q3 (ATOM2) and Q2/Q4(ATOM3) are on different ATOM modules.

For synchrounus update inside an ATOM module  I use "ATOMi_AGC_GLB_CTRL --> UPEN_CTRLx".

Is there such a mechanism to synchronize ATOM modules?

I try to avoid using an Interrupt at the beginning of an periode to set all register values.

BR,

André

0 Likes
2 Replies
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

You can use the master-slave concept where an ATOM channel i of an ATOM instance acts as a master for channel i+1, you can extend longer chain continuously by routing the triggers and also use the trigger from the last channel of ATOM instance x to the first channel of ATOM instance x+1.

Another option is to use TBU along with the AGC block to start the PWM synchronously. You will find relevant details in sections 28.15.1.1 and 28.12 in UM part 2.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes
André
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but maybe I have not corrctly described my problem .
I have already implemented the master slave concept and all PWMs are started synchronously.

My Problem is the updating of the rising and falling edges synchronously for multiple ATOM instances. When writing to the shadow registers, the values become active at  the beginning of the next period. During writing of the values for one ATOM instace , the update mechanism is disabled using "UPEN_CTRLx"

What can happen is following:

Update ATOM1 --> changes will take place at next period

Next period starts --> ATOM 1 changes take place

Update ATOM2 --> changes will take place at next period

This results in, that for one period ATOM1 has already the updated values, while ATOM2 is operating with the old values.

My question is, if there is a mechanism to avoid this except using an interrupt.

Many thanks.

André

0 Likes