TC233 not able to program

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dharmendra
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

When I try to program the controller I'm getting the following error. (i was able to program it for one time, from second time it is not working)

Message from component 'Tc2CoreTargIntf' :
Can't connect target !

The debug interface is locked !
This may be caused by:
- Active debug protection, try 'Unlock Interface' function
- Active on-chip FLASH read protection
- Controller running in bootstrap loader mode
- User application on target

Failed to open JTAG IO communication !

what could be the issue?

i have also tried to connect mem tool but still, it is not able to connect to mem tool also. it is giving following error.

Message from component 'IMTMemtool' :
Can't connect to Target

Message from component 'MiniMonTargIntf' :
Can't connect target !

Message from component 'MiniMonTargIntf' :
Start monitor failed

please help me to program the controller. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Check the state of /PORST and /ESR0. If both are high then you are in bootstrap loader mode. Otherwise if /PORST is low then you have a problem with any supply and therefore /PORST is low. If /ESR0 is always low (check with oscilloscope) then you made a had a problem during the programming, e.g. invalid UCB programming.

Check this signals and please come back with the result.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
elkhazragy
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

I think you are in bootstrap mode, This can be happen when you remove the Boot mode headers from the micro controller flash.

Try to do the following:

1- You need to connect your debugger with CAN1 (where the bootstrap firmware can communicate over)

2- start bootstrapping sequence.

Refer to the user manual : section 5.2.2 CAN Bootstrap Loader in the document tc23x_tc22x_um_v1.1

I attach some images for bootstrapping configurations in UDE (I use UAD debugger form PLS).

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Check the state of /PORST and /ESR0. If both are high then you are in bootstrap loader mode. Otherwise if /PORST is low then you have a problem with any supply and therefore /PORST is low. If /ESR0 is always low (check with oscilloscope) then you made a had a problem during the programming, e.g. invalid UCB programming.

Check this signals and please come back with the result.

0 Likes