TC1767ED easy kit device locked

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
1. We have a TC1767ED easy kit evaluation board.

2. I used the Memtool v4.05.11 to erase all sectors, it stopped around sector 8 with failed result, after several times of try,
I was thinking if any one have installed a protection of flash read/write of these sectors.

3. So I clicked the "HW Protect" button to find a way to unprotect these sectors.

4. But I may occasionally clicked the "start" button with some sectors selected, and then I lost connection with my esay kit.

5. Here is a picture capturing when using the “Das device scanner” to access the device and what is says.

1079.attach
1080.attach
when I click the "reset" button it pops up screen 5 to tell me enter the password,after several times of try,I clicked abort,and it say DAS Error:DEVICE_LOCKED

6. Is the device locked? How can i get the password? Since I haven't enter a password during step 3 or 4 ? Where can I get the password ,from Infineon ? Is this device locked forever?

Thank you for any tips!
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Anyone can help me ?
Not applicable
Hello

I am facing same issue ... i don't know what is purpose of device lock in evaluation board.
Is there any who can give reason for that as my work has been stopped because of that !!
Not applicable
Hi, I have the same problem. My Easy kit XE167FH is locked. I am getting angry with the Infineon guide line document. it is not good enough.

kuldeep wrote:
Hello

I am facing same issue ... i don't know what is purpose of device lock in evaluation board.
Is there any who can give reason for that as my work has been stopped because of that !!
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
DAS is just the carrier of the bad news.

Somehow all the people managed unintentionally to program the flash in a way that the device is locked. Individual help would be needed, but in most if not all cases, they will need a new chip.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Travis wrote:
DAS is just the carrier of the bad news.

Somehow all the people managed unintentionally to program the flash in a way that the device is locked. Individual help would be needed, but in most if not all cases, they will need a new chip.[/QU

Travis, your above comment is not useful at all.

If someone has an Easy Kit locked by password, you should do as below. Of course, you must remember your password.
1. Move the DIP on the Easy Kit to BSL/ASC mode.
2. Connect Easy Kit with Memtool software using BSL/ASC mode
3. by using Memtool, you can unlock your Kit.

Good luck.
0 Likes