Spi communication between tc234 & tle8242

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ikavalis
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given 5 sign-ins

Hello.

I am trying to establish communication via SPI between the tc234 mcu and tle8242.

According to datasheet, tle captures data on rising edge and shifts data also on rising edge.

The above does not match any of the known SPI modes I have read about (all the modes sample and shift data on alternate edges of the same cycle).

How do I handle this on MCU side? Is there some way I can configure this to match the tle?

So far I have tried to use CPH = 1 (to my understanding this is used to shift data on leading edge) but this doesn't seem to work.

The only configuration that seems to produce any results is setting CPH = 0, A = 2, C = 2, B = 0 which leads to tle responding with message #0 which is a response to invalid message.

Anything else leads to tle responding with message #0 but shifted 1 bit to the left (I guess this is because I'm reading it wrong).

The baudrate I am trying to use is 1MHz, but I have also tried larger and smaller rates and I don't think this is the issue.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello, 

You could refer to the Application Note in this link .and confirm if the data read/write edges match the requirement of the TLE device.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Aiswarya_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello,

Could you please let us know the value of clock polarity that you are using?

Regards,
Aiswarya.

0 Likes

Thank you for the response.

I am using 0 as CPOL value.

0 Likes
Aiswarya_A
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hello,

Could you please share the waveforms and  register view of  BACON and ECON registers?

Regards,
Aiswarya.

0 Likes

Hello, 

You could refer to the Application Note in this link .and confirm if the data read/write edges match the requirement of the TLE device.

Kind Regards,
Aiswarya. 

0 Likes