Smu 1[0] Alarm

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
riza
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

After applicatiton reset, I get an alarm. "Smu Ag1[0]: CPU1 Lockstep Comparator Error"
Is this normal, if it is normal, how can I delete this alarm and and on what base.
If not, how can I solve this problem?

Could you help me?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meet_T
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi @riza ,

Yes triggering application/system reset while the core is halted will activate this alarm. There's already an errata OCDS_TC.H015 regarding this, you can refer to the same from this errata sheet and follow the recommendation mentioned in there to avoid this issue. 

Best regards,

Meet.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Meet_T

Hi @riza ,

Could you please let us know if the debugger was connected and if CPU1 was in halted state when you triggered the application reset? If the debugger was connected in this case then can you please once try without connecting the debugger and see if you observe this alarm when the debugger is disconnected as well. Kindly update us after you test so we can look further for the root cause of this alarm. Also, please let us know the part-number of the device you are using.

Best Regards,

Meet.

riza
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi @Meet_T , thank you for replying.

I tried without debugger and same situation.

I realized one thing, I am doing this operation before Cpu1 starts, so Cpu1 is halted.

I called the Mcu_PerformReset function (to reset the application) after Core1 started. There was no alarm.

Could this be the reason why this alarm is generated because Core1 is in halted position?

In addition, the same situation happens when I set Mcu_PerformReset to System Reset. Is this also normal?

We are using “TC367DP” MCU in our project. MCAL version is 2.20 .

Best Regards,

Rıza.

0 Likes
Meet_T

Hi @riza ,

Yes triggering application/system reset while the core is halted will activate this alarm. There's already an errata OCDS_TC.H015 regarding this, you can refer to the same from this errata sheet and follow the recommendation mentioned in there to avoid this issue. 

Best regards,

Meet.