Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Hemanth_Guru
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 50 sign-ins 10 likes given

Hello Team

I am working with TC299, and I noticed that there are a few pins that can be used for both DSADC and VADC.

However, there are no information as such available about configuring the same. Hence, I have the following questions.

1. There are no dedicated DSADC pins. All DSADC pins are overlaid with VADC pins. If necessary, one ADC pin can be converted by both DSADC and VADC at the same time e.g., to implement redundancy. Does this mean that, the pins can be configured for both DSADC and VADC simultaneously?

2. If yes, how are these pins configured?

3. There is a mechanism in SM, redundant acquisition using VADC and DSADC. How VADC monitors DSADC.

Thanks, in advance.

SAL-TC299TP-128F300N BC SAK-TC299TP-128F300S BC SAK-TC299TX-128F300S BC 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

Convert the same pin by 2 ADCs is possible to achieve redundancy for Safety requirements. User just needs to take care, when both ADCs are converting the same time, then the current flowing on this input pin is the sum of both ADCs. This means, user may need a bit bigger external buffer capacitor on PCB. Otherwise there could be unexpected difference between real and measured value.

Alternatively, two individual pins may be used to achieve higher ASIL (ASIL-D) and each pin then shall be converted by different ADC.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hello,

Convert the same pin by 2 ADCs is possible to achieve redundancy for Safety requirements. User just needs to take care, when both ADCs are converting the same time, then the current flowing on this input pin is the sum of both ADCs. This means, user may need a bit bigger external buffer capacitor on PCB. Otherwise there could be unexpected difference between real and measured value.

Alternatively, two individual pins may be used to achieve higher ASIL (ASIL-D) and each pin then shall be converted by different ADC.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

Hello @Prudhvi_E Prudhvi

Thank you for the response. 

Can using the single pin (DSADC and VADC) simultaneously for ASIL B or ASIL C applications possible or we must use two pins for ASIL C and ASIL D application and single pin is for ASIL A and ASIL B applications. I really am thinking about the SPFM and LFM point of view.

Regards 

Hemanth

0 Likes

Hello Hemanth,

For any ASIL level higher than B, namely C and D, to have 2 separate pins is the most direct way to achieve.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes