Send values from ADC Aurix TC397

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cha1pi
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm measure values through the ADC in my Aurix TC397 board. What would be the best way to send these values to my computer maybe in  .csv format?

My guess was the UART interface but I see that it takes only strings as input not floats. So I would individually need to convert every float to a string to send it through UART. is there some other alternative?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi cha1pi,

If you use UART to send string instead of float, you can 1) use a C function on PC to do text process, or 2) use Excel to convert the string list into float data type.

You can also store the data into Flash and read flash memory using Memtools, and convert the Hex data into Float using C language.

dw

0 Likes
cha1pi
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. The ADC reads the voltage values through a channel, these values have to be transmitted to my PC for analysis. I need a huge number of such voltage values, so as they are being read through the ADC, I wish to move them to my PC without storing too many values on the board.

One possibly is reading the values. Convert them to string and sent them through UART

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi cha1pi,

If you use string though UART communication port, then you can store them into .txt file, and write a C program to convert them into float array.(You can also use Python to do so)

dw

0 Likes