Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
srikanth7055
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello,

I am currently working on the concept of Secure Boot for the TC397 Controller.

It would be great if I could get some insights on the concepts of secure boot in general and the TC397 controller in particular.

Also, I would like to understand the key management done on the TC397 platform.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Srikanth

0 Likes
1 Solution
Karishma_S
First comment on blog 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @srikanth7055,

It would be great if I could get some insights on the concepts of secure boot in general and the TC397 controller in particular.

In general, secure boot is a process to monitor the authenticity of the software on every boot cycle. 

With respect to TC3xx controllers, if HSM module is available (according to device configuration), Secure Booting is supported, in which the user code is processed by the HSM. The SSW supplies information about the current device mode, reset type, the primary selected start-up mode and the effectively taken start-up mode. This information is then available for the HSM module for boot and user code processing.

Key Management is handled by HSM, for basic info refer to the following link.

Please note that detailed information on HSM cannot be discussed here as it is confidential and is covered under NDA.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Karishma_S

Hi @srikanth7055,

In general, secure boot is a process to monitor the authenticity of the software on every boot cycle. 

With respect to TC3xx controllers, if HSM module is available (according to device configuration), Secure Booting is supported, in which the user code is processed by the HSM. The SSW supplies information about the current device mode, reset type, the primary selected start-up mode and the effectively taken start-up mode. This information is then available for the HSM module for boot and user code processing.

Key Management is handled by HSM, for basic info refer to the following link.

Please note that detailed information on HSM cannot be discussed here as it is confidential and is covered under NDA.

0 Likes
Karishma_S

Hi @srikanth7055,

Please let us know if your query is resolved. 

We will wait for 3 days and then lock this thread. In case your problem is not resolved, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help.  

0 Likes
srikanth7055
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi Karishma,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I understand that HSM topics are covered under the NDA.

Since I am very new to this HSM topic and I have been assigned to work on secure boot, is it possible to share some documents in a general manner about the secure boot concept so that I can understand it and start working on this topic?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Karishma_S
0 Likes

Hello Karishma,

I think we don't have an NDA with Infineon, and I will not be able to access the documents.

But still, is it possible to provide me with some flowchart sequence for secure boot?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Srikanth

0 Likes

Hi @srikanth7055,

Unfortunately, all the confidential documents can only be shared via MyICP which is customer share point account and access to this is provided to users having an NDA with us.
As secure boot topic comes under HSM, we cannot share any info related to this and there are no public materials available for this. 

0 Likes
Karishma_S

Hi @srikanth7055,

Please let us know if your query is resolved. 

We will wait for 3 days and then lock this thread. In case your problem is not resolved, please create a new thread and we will be happy to help.  

0 Likes