Safety Watchdog

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
leonng
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given 10 questions asked

Hi there,

I try to enable the Safety Watchdog. When it overflow, it will call an alarm (NMI). Inside the NMI, the number of overflows will be counted. if the counter overflow, it will trigger an alarm to rest the MCU.

IfxScuWdt_changeSafetyWatchdogReload(IfxScuWdt_getSafetyWatchdogPassword(), 0xE000);

IfxSmu_setAlarmConfig(&MODULE_SMU, IfxSmu_Alarm_ScuWdtsWatchdogTimeOut, IfxSmu_AlarmConfig_nmi));

if((Alarm_3.B.SF17)==1){
          SMU_counter.WatchDog_G3 +=Alarm_3.B.SF17;
          if(SMU_counter.WatchDog_G3 > ALARM_COUNTER){
                     IfxSmu_triggerAlarm(&MODULE_SMU, IfxSmu_Alarm_SoftwareAlarm3);
                     IfxSmu_activateFsp(&MODULE_SMU);
          }
}

However, when I enable the TLF35584 watchdog or Error Monitoring,  the TLF35584 will reset MCU at the first Safety Watchdog overflow. Why ?

Best Regards,

Leon

0 Likes
1 Solution
leonng
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you,

I'm using KIT_AURIX_TC234_MOTORCTR, and I find that it may due to recovery timer.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Nambi
50 likes received 5 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you let us know the complete part number used?

You can check if FSP is configured in Aurix for the particular safety watchdog alarm and check the reaction configured in TLF for an FSP event.

Best Regards.

0 Likes
leonng
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you,

I'm using KIT_AURIX_TC234_MOTORCTR, and I find that it may due to recovery timer.

Best Regards.

0 Likes