SW will into trap when call Ifx_Fifo_write()

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kelejichi
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given 5 sign-ins

hello

I am having trouble when debug SW in TC3X7(IDE: ADS). the SW debug process will trap in function Ifx_Fifo_write(),like:

2023-02-21_16h04_24.png

I tried some modify, but none seem to work. Can someone please help me?
Thank you very much.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jeremy_Z
1000 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 likes received

Hi @kelejichi ,

Thanks for your reply.
In the ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT and ASCLIN_Shell_UART_1_KIT demos, they also call the Ifx_Fifo_write() function without triggering any traps. Maybe you can try.
Back to your issue, I'd highly recommend you follow the application note (AP32568) to locate the assembly instruction that triggered the trap, meanwhile, find out the difference in assembly instructions of this function between the ADS and BIFACES IDEs.

BR,

Jeremy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jeremy_Z

Hi @kelejichi ,

Thank you for your interest in Infineon's products and for the opportunity to serve you.
I think I need more information about the issue prior to sharing advice directly, so I hope you can clarify the following inquiries.
1) Has this function ever worked well?
2) What has changed recently? (Software or Hardware)
3) What kind of types of the Trap happens?
4) Can you introduce the environment you test with? like hardware platform, demo code, etc.
Looking forward to your feedback.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes

Hi, Thanks for your support!

1) Has this function ever worked well?

Reply: Yes
2) What has changed recently? (Software or Hardware)

Reply: we have change the IDE from BIFACES to ADS.
3) What kind of types of the Trap happens?

Reply: the trap type is IfxCpu_Trap_internalProtectionError and IfxCpu_Trap_busError(the next).
4) Can you introduce the environment you test with? like hardware platform, demo code, etc.

Reply: the hardware platform is TC387; demo code is relate Motor-Control;

thank you and Looking forward to your feedback.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @kelejichi ,

Thanks for your reply.
In the ASCLIN_UART_1_KIT and ASCLIN_Shell_UART_1_KIT demos, they also call the Ifx_Fifo_write() function without triggering any traps. Maybe you can try.
Back to your issue, I'd highly recommend you follow the application note (AP32568) to locate the assembly instruction that triggered the trap, meanwhile, find out the difference in assembly instructions of this function between the ADS and BIFACES IDEs.

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes

Hi @Jeremy_Z,

Thank you for your reply.

I run  the demo ASCLIN_Shell_UART_1_KIT  in local,  it's sure that they also call the Ifx_Fifo_write() function without triggering any traps.

I will check the difference in assembly instruction of this function.

one question: I can't find the  application note (AP32568) could you send it to me? this link can't find it. 

BR

0 Likes
Jeremy_Z

Hi @kelejichi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, please follow the below figure to download it.

caf8e3e5-df17-44e5-bbd4-382dfe27df95.PNG

BR,

Jeremy

0 Likes