SOTA function

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ralphance
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

Dears:

Regarding the SOTA function, do I need to configure the registers SWAPCTRL and HF_PROCONTP separately in the application? If it is not configured, please tell me the reason。

thank you! ! !

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

These registers are configured during the boot and yes you need to program both the UCBs (UCB_SWAP, UCB_OTP.PROCONTP ) corresponding to SWAPCTRL and HF_PROCONTP for SOTA swap functionality.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

These registers are configured during the boot and yes you need to program both the UCBs (UCB_SWAP, UCB_OTP.PROCONTP ) corresponding to SWAPCTRL and HF_PROCONTP for SOTA swap functionality.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Ralphance
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

Dear:

My understanding is that after I configure UCB_SWAP and UCB_OTP.PROCONTP in UCB, I don't need to configure the two registers in the following figure separately, because the configuration of UCBs will be read during booting and then written to the corresponding registers, I Whether the understanding is correct, please help to reply.

Ralphance_0-1642686851596.pngRalphance_1-1642686896741.png

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
ugo_8a
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 25 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi, I highly suggest contact your FAE and ask for the application note AP32404-Tutorial_Using_the_2nd_Generation_AURIX_SWAP_mechanism_for_SW_updates_Over_The_Air_v1.1

to enable SWAP you need several steps, the application note goes into more details, and it is important to understand and follow  the steps  otherwise you might brick your device PERMANENTLY! 

0 Likes