SMU HW Alarm verification

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kumaresh
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 10 replies posted First solution authored

Hello,

We are trying to set most of the HW SMU Alarms to trigger reset as when there is a fault detected as described in safety manual for hardware safety mechanism. And we have some queries on the scope of verification of this requirement as below:

1. Does the hardware fault detection by HW specified in safety manual is already confirmed by Aurix? 

2. We wanted to verify whether HW alarm is working as expected i.e if internal behavior is configured to do reset we expect to see a reset. Does running a successful LBIST in the application SW (not in SSW) and SMU Alive alarm test can confirm our above verification i.e whether each of the configured alarm's internal behavior will be executed accordingly?

Could you pls help to point on the documentation for this? TIA

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

1. OK, these are expected to work unless mentioned in the errata.

2. Can you check the feasibility of using AGi register for software trigger of the alarm?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Yuva

Hello,

1. Are you referring to the safety mechanisms? Also, what do you mean by 'confirmed by Aurix'?

2. The reaction of the SMU alarm can be configured to generate interrupt/NMI/reset based on the AGC register configuration. Not sure why you discuss LBIST and SMU Alive alarm test here, all these three are independent topics.

Please refer to Chapter 15 in Aurix user manual part 1 which discusses SMU.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Kumaresh
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 10 replies posted First solution authored

1. Yes, I am referring to Safety Manual. And what I mean on confirmed by Aurix is whether the safety mechanism by hardware is tested by Aurix prior to its release to the customer or the customer has to do this as part of their testing.

2. We wanted to verify reaction of all configured SMU alarms by faking the faults. i.e to verify the path between alarm and its action is working.  As the LBIST covers most of the paths and SMU Alive alarm confirms alarm action, Is this testing redundant?

0 Likes
Yuva

Hello,

1. OK, these are expected to work unless mentioned in the errata.

2. Can you check the feasibility of using AGi register for software trigger of the alarm?

Thanks.

0 Likes