SMU Alarm triggering on overvoltage

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Kumaresh
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 10 replies posted First solution authored

Hi,

I need some info on alarm being triggered on over-voltage detection by Aurix.

For example lets say  ALM9[3] and ALM20[5] enabled to trigger reset on overvoltage detection in VDDPD. If there is an overvoltage detected which alarm will be detected first and takes action.

Based on my understanding standby alarm will be activated only if SMU core alarm is not being serviced. So do we need to configure both the alarms? correct me if I am wrong.

What is the recommenedation on which alarm to be triggerd on over voltage?

TIA.

Regards,

Kumaresh

0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Yes, the software will trigger otherwise a reset but only 1 time. Then the device will stay always in reset until PORST occurs (see UM chapter 9.1.3.3.3 Prevention of Double SMU Resets).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee

ALM9[3] is the or combination of different over voltage alarms, this means ALM20[5] (PMS.VDDPD - Overvoltage) and ALM9[3] are activated on the same time.

MoD_0-1646992478708.png

0 Likes
Kumaresh
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 10 replies posted First solution authored

Thanks for the info. I do have one extended question. Lets say we configured ALM9[3] to trigger reset whenever alarm is triggered. And the overvoltage was never resolved in this scenario with the current configuration does the SW will trigger continuous reset?

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee

Yes, the software will trigger otherwise a reset but only 1 time. Then the device will stay always in reset until PORST occurs (see UM chapter 9.1.3.3.3 Prevention of Double SMU Resets).

0 Likes