SMPS Driver configuration for TC3XX

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SivakumarG
Level 1
Level 1
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Could anyone share the sample use cases and intialization format on SMPS/PMS module in TC3XX ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

You can refer to AP32381 for the recommended sequence during the start-up. GTM, clock module is used for ERVC if you want to synchronize the frequency and phase with the external regulator, you can refer to section 11.2.2.2.1 in UM part 1.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received

A use case would be:

Single source 5 V supply level (VEXT = 5 V) is supported in following topologies.
– EVRC in SMPS mode with external switches and EVR33 in LDO mode with internal pass devices.

The AURIX EVRC in SMPS mode can generate the core voltage of 1.25V. For this I would suggest to first review "Table 288 EVRC Regulator Component Reference and Register Settings" in the User's Manual (AURIXTC3XX_um_part1_v2.0.pdf). Then you could ask more questions. 

0 Likes
SivakumarG
Level 1
Level 1
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Thanks for the reply.

Here i am going to implement following scenario.

SivakumarG_0-1673494033864.png

But i am confused with initialization part.
The question is, where i can initialize the SMPS ?
Shall i initialize immediate after startup ?
or do i need to wait for Clock and GTM module to initialize first ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.
from my analysis, if i initialize immediate after startup phase SMPS will take default configuration for regulator parameters , based on HWCFG[2] pin.

If SMPS mode selected P.ch MOSFET started delivering by keeping N.ch inactive after startup phase.
but how PWM given to complementary drivers ?

will EVRC independently work without GTM and CLOCK module ?
can we initialize the regulator trimming and frequency spreading after startup phase ?

please add points if i am missing anything or do i need to collect more information ?

0 Likes
Yuva
250 replies posted 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

You can refer to AP32381 for the recommended sequence during the start-up. GTM, clock module is used for ERVC if you want to synchronize the frequency and phase with the external regulator, you can refer to section 11.2.2.2.1 in UM part 1.

Thanks.

0 Likes