SENT Protocol Frequency Range Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VVV
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hi, 

I am working on SENT receive driver. The fast channels reception is fine. The fast data is being processed from the RSI and RDI interrupt and I can see the data but at the same time, I am getting the  Frequency Range Error FRI error in the INTSTAT. 

A common interrupt handler is being used. Similar to one described below. 

http://doc.tasking.com/act/illd_1_0_0_11_0/TC27xD/html/group___ifx_lld___sent___sent___usage.html 

I am counting the interrupts for each and and the number of interrupts for FRI is twice as much as the RSI or RDI interrupt. 

The Serial Data Processing Mode, SDP is Enabled. And I am assuming due to FRI errors the SDP or the slow channel is not being processed. 

Just to add, I have measured the signal on a oscilloscope and the calibration pulse looks is as per the 56*tick time. 

Is there anyone who has seen this FRI error ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi,

I think it smells like a synchronization issue. So go ahead and try to provide the synchronization signal.
Let's see what happens.

Best regards,

TBencher

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

just going to start that discussion. Frequency range error always sounds like timing or synchronization issue.

//did you handle that as well?

• SENT gets a trigger input from timer like GTM (Generic Timer Module) to synchronize SENT communication with other events on system level

Best regards,

TBencher
VVV
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like given

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.   I will check the GTM but the issue is that the fast channels are working fine. The weird thing is that I get the FRI interrupt even when the fast channels are sampled properly. 

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I think it smells like a synchronization issue. So go ahead and try to provide the synchronization signal.
Let's see what happens.

Best regards,

TBencher

0 Likes