SCU STCON register access mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MalolanSrinivas
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

I would like to understand the following : 

The register STCON has access mode as ST, P0. P0 means a master can access it when accen bit is enabled.

1. I have opened the Trace32 and requested a Cold PORST. The execution in Trace32 is now at the start of the bootloader.

2. In this condition, I try to write 0 to this STP bit. But I get SPB bus error meaning the master(CERBERUS) cannot access it. The access enable bit for the master (here CERBERUS) is Enabled in SCU_ACCEN00/10. 

If only SSW can write this bit, Why is then the access mode P0 given ? Is it possible to modify the value to 0 at any point ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

ST means only the SSW can write to this register.  The debugger interface is only enabled after the ST state ends.

Technically, writing is also governed by the access protection mechanism - but that's irrelevant to your application, because you can't write to it anyway.  It would have been nicer if we had simply not included it in the User Manual.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

ST means only the SSW can write to this register.  The debugger interface is only enabled after the ST state ends.

Technically, writing is also governed by the access protection mechanism - but that's irrelevant to your application, because you can't write to it anyway.  It would have been nicer if we had simply not included it in the User Manual.