Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Mcoban
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

There is a statement about resolver excitation says that "To implement this functionality into the system, no additional integrated circuits are needed; only the power stages for the S5 and S6 signals and a few other usual passive components are required."on "AURIX™ TC3xx functional safety (FUSA) in a nutshell.pdf"

Is this means that can I directly connect to Excitation Signals to the Resolver?

Please find attached.

BR,

Mehmet

0 Likes
6 Replies
Kunqiao_L
First comment on blog First like given 25 likes received

Yes. Excitation carrier signal could directly connect to the resolver

0 Likes

Thanks for your response.

There is a statement which says " In safety critical use cases, user may use AURIX™ resolver support
together with external resolver sensor for redundancy" at Infineon-AURIX_Delta-Sigma_Analog-to-Digital_Converter-Training-v01_00-EN.pdf

my question is how can I use these features together? I want to use AURIX resolver support and also add an external resolver circuit. I want to use them together. Will having two excitation signals, one generated by my external circuit and another from the external resolver circuit, cause any conflicts?

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi,

Regarding the external resolver sensor, does it has external carrier itself? Our system could accept the carrier generated by AURIX or accept  external carrier generator from outside. Here is the diagram:

Kunqiao_L_0-1706768987678.png

Kunqiao_L_1-1706769011568.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, external resolver sensor has own carrier signal itself. But if you say this is not possible, I would think not to use the external resolver sensor carrier signal. Important thing is to establish redundancy.

My question is: what should the schematic look like if we want to use AURIX support along with the external resolver sensor for redundancy?

Mcoban_0-1706769947132.png

0 Likes
Kunqiao_L

Hi,

We don't have schematic for the scenario you mentioned above. The most common case we use DSADC are the two picture I posted above.

0 Likes
Mcoban
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Anyone?

0 Likes