Resetting the AURIX TC387 with PORST and ESR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AhmedSaber
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First solution authored 10 replies posted

Hello,

I'm using the AURIX TC387 connected with "TLF35884". as follows:
TLF: INT   --> ESR0/1, TLF:ROT --> PORST_N

AhmedSaber_0-1664133262122.png

In the application, I'm keeping servicing the TLF FWD as configured.

I tried to verify the TLF FWD reset. So in the application after a while I stopped the TLF FWD servicing, then I wrote a piece of code at the startup sequence to get the Reset reason from the corresponding register to make sure the MCU coming from a reset due to the TLF FWD

As per the TLF35884 UM, the INT pin will be raised once the FWD is not being serviced properly
While the ROT is coupled with the voltage monitoring.

Was expected to see the reset reason due to the ESR0/1, but every time I run the SW I see the reset reason is due to the PORST means the TLF reacted with the ROT, not with the INT.

How can this happen?

What Am I missing here?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

Hi Ahmedsaber,

For the reason of reset, please refer to 11.4.2.2 NORMAL -> INIT state due to detected fault for below description:

The “soft reset” can also be initiated by a window watchdog error counter overflow (> ΣWWD), a functional watchdog error counter overflow (> ΣFWO), an error indication (immediate or recovery delay time mode), if these monitoring functions are in use. In this case the reset delay time tRD will be started falling edge of the ROT pin. Please consider the state transition time to INIT state in Table 11-8.

If you check 11.7 Microcontroller Programming Support in TLF35584 datasheet, below description maybe helpful.

As only the contribution of the watchdogs and the error monitoring to the reset function is blocked/disconnected, the state machine and safe state control function are not affected. Accordingly an overflow of the window or functional watchdog failure counter will trigger a “Move to INIT” event, but without issuing a reset of the microcontroller.

dw

0 Likes
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received
0 Likes