Recommendation : Best choice for Aurix evaluation board TC3xx

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Shadydiaa
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Dear Aurix Team , 

I ask about the best choice for Aurix evaluation board TC3xx family , I wanna choose the board which contain all peripheral with large memory sizes . if when I will porting for my project to another derivative I will be sure  it run before in this board and already it has all peripherals also. could you recommend for me this board and why this choice ? 

Thanks   

0 Likes
4 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Best choice is a BGA292 board (e.g. TriBoard TC397 with socket, https://www.ehitex.de/starter-kits/fuer-aurix/2557/kit-a2g-tc397-5v-trb-s?c=156). This socket board can used also with TC387, TC3E7, TC377 and TC367). Please see the board manual available on https://myicp.infineon.com/ which devices are usable with the board (chapter Usable devices).

0 Likes
Shadydiaa
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thanks for replaying . That mean for example (TriBoard TC397 with socket ) is better than TriBoard TC399 ? any differences between them you can clarify to me ? @MoD 

0 Likes
µC_Wrangler
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 25 likes received

The TC399 is a BGA-516, while the TC397 is a BGA-292.  Besides the additional I/O, the TC399 enables the External Bus Unit.  Otherwise, the TC39x silicon is the same.

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

HI Shadydia,

TC399 and TC397 the main difference is pin number, so you need to make sure how many pins you used, besides, you'd better select the Triboard with socket that means _SB is postfix, which way is ease to change the chip in future if the chip bricked or broken.

dw_1-1643697838320.png

dw

0 Likes