Reception of SENT protocol serial message

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22654
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked First solution authored First like given

Hi, I am working on the SENT module of TC399.  I am facing a problem with receiving a serial (slow) message from the SENT sensor.
My understanding is,

The SDI bit of the INTSTATx register gets set when TC399 SENT module receives a serial message frame.
Once the complete serial message is received, we can read the message ID, data, and CRC from the SDS register of the SENT module.

So, in the code implementation, I have set the RCRx.SDP bit set for automatic processing of the serial message.

but not able to get the serial message ID and data in the SDS register.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
1 Solution
User21487
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted

Thanks for this finding! ESF bit was known, but not the dependency to IEP!
To answer your question: not intended - you have to configure SENT interface regarding the specific sensor. Luckely fast channel format doesn't matter for stupid receiving. But for slow channel (proper receive notice) it does. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User22654
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked First solution authored First like given

The problem is resolved by making proper use of RCRx.IEP bit.

Now, SENT module will distinguish between two types of slow messages i.e. serial and enhanced. Because there is a RCRx.ESF bit present, which need to be set/reset manually, based on type of slow message to be received. 

the doubt is, how SENT module will automatically identity type of SENT message and get the required data in SDS register.??

User21487
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted

Thanks for this finding! ESF bit was known, but not the dependency to IEP!
To answer your question: not intended - you have to configure SENT interface regarding the specific sensor. Luckely fast channel format doesn't matter for stupid receiving. But for slow channel (proper receive notice) it does. 

0 Likes