RFID - AURIX™ Infineon Controller TC3X7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hassna
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

I want to use the Evaluation Board KITA2GTC3975VTFTTOBO1  and I would like to know if there any template code to use a tag RFID with AURIX™ Infineon Controller TC3X7. 

Looking for your feedback.

Kind regards.

Hassna

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Hassna,

Generally, the controller could use GPIOn output Low voltage level to control the chip selection of the slave device.

Below illustrate a topology to access two different devices - disaply LCD and RFID.

If you use I2C, then the chip selection ports will be minimised. However for SPI, there should be GPIOs as many as the device number.

dw_0-1651836207818.png

dw

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Di_W

Hi Hassna,

Thank for choosing AURIX, as far as I known, tag RFID is an independent IC chip including an unified ID inside.

Which is like a lable could use to mark the device. Do you need to AURIX microcontroller to read or write the RFID chips? If yes, you could use I2C or SPI to communicate with it.

The demo code is as below:

https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples/tree/master/code_examples

You can download free ADS (Aurix Development Studio) platform to test the demo code.

dw

0 Likes
hassna
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to know if it is possible to connect more than one element using the same protocol: for example, a Display using SPI and an RFID tag also using SPI. 

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards.

Hassna

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi Hassna,

Generally, the controller could use GPIOn output Low voltage level to control the chip selection of the slave device.

Below illustrate a topology to access two different devices - disaply LCD and RFID.

If you use I2C, then the chip selection ports will be minimised. However for SPI, there should be GPIOs as many as the device number.

dw_0-1651836207818.png

dw