Questions regarding reading values via DAP and it's speed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
D1
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi Aurix Team,

I am doing real time debugging using DAP and Miniwiggler 3. I am reading approx. 35 float variables. I am also plotting some of the variables via Graph option in Oneeye. My device is TC36x.

My ADC sampling rate is 10Khz(Will not matter much as DAP's reading frequency makes the plotting and the values that I plot are very distorted when I read via DAP. Manual counting the time between samples, comes around 70-80ms. Hence I am only able to plot very low frequencies. I am not using Oscilloscope object, it's just graph of raw float values. 

Miniwiggler has speed upto 2MBps and DAP has max frequency up to 160Mhz, they are way beyond that data rate I need. 35 float variables with overhead are way less than that.  I have all the necessary DAP pins connected to TC36x.

Here are my questions,

1) Is there any way to use DAP wide mode configuration for maximizing the bandwidth? If so please let me know the steps for it's configuration or point me to the official doc for the same.

2) How would I make sure that DAP is running at 160Mhz? I am newbie to Aurix and unable to figure out  how to configure clock for DAP. For example in this iSystem document(Page No 5), DAP mode and frequency is configured. Is there any such configuration for Aurix Studio and Miniwiggler. Or any configuration setting inside Controller? 

I think that making DAP clock frequency to 160Mhz or max possible and DAP  wide mode, I will be able to extract the data faster. 

It will be great, if you can guide me achieving the fastest reading time possible via DAP for better plotting of the data.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
CookieMonster11
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

The configuration of the DAP interface is handled by the debug tool, so there is nothing you would need to manually do on the hardware. 
The difference between AP modes are the number of pins DAP1, DAP2, DAP3 and how they are used. You can find some details of the DAP connector in AP24003 available here: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/AP2400314_DAP_Connector.pdf?fileId=db3a3043183a9555011888ea09bf671b 

I checked the iSystem debugger included in Aurix Development Studio 1.6.0 and there it looks like only the standard DAP is supported:
debug mode.png

In the full, commercial iSystem debugger also other configurations are available, but that one of course does not use the DAS connection and MiniWiggler.

The Tasking debugger does not show similar options so I guess there is no change possible on the ADS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
CookieMonster11
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored 10 replies posted

The configuration of the DAP interface is handled by the debug tool, so there is nothing you would need to manually do on the hardware. 
The difference between AP modes are the number of pins DAP1, DAP2, DAP3 and how they are used. You can find some details of the DAP connector in AP24003 available here: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/AP2400314_DAP_Connector.pdf?fileId=db3a3043183a9555011888ea09bf671b 

I checked the iSystem debugger included in Aurix Development Studio 1.6.0 and there it looks like only the standard DAP is supported:
debug mode.png

In the full, commercial iSystem debugger also other configurations are available, but that one of course does not use the DAS connection and MiniWiggler.

The Tasking debugger does not show similar options so I guess there is no change possible on the ADS.

0 Likes

There are some DAP modes for example, DAP single pin, DAP wide etc. Is there any way to configure the specific mode using Aurix Studio and MiniWiggler 3. 

My goal is to figure out, why I am unable to plot low frequency graphs even with higher data rate supported by MiniWiggler and DAP interface.

0 Likes
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored
0 Likes