Question on PWM - TC377X

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins
I have two PWM sensor inputs which are phase delayed as shown in below diagram.

In Scenario_1
On Raising edge of PWM_Signal_1 comes first followed by raising edge of PWM_Signal_2

In Scenario_2
On Raising edge of PWM_Signal_2 comes first followed by raising edge of PWM_Signal_1

Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this through PWM driver using TC377x.

Any examples to do this will be great help.
0 Likes
6 Replies
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
Dear Community Members,

Any feedback on this topic ?
0 Likes
ScottW
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First solution authored First like received
To clarify, are you trying to use the MCAL PWM module to output one of the two scenarios above (from the AURIX to the sensors)? Or are you looking to distinguish between the two scenarios based on input coming from the sensors? The PWM module can only help in the output case.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
I am trying to differentiate between the two scenarios based on input coming from the sensors. Is this possible with the PWM module ?
0 Likes
ScottW
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins First solution authored First like received
The PWM module is for output, but you can use the ICU driver in incremental interface mode (which uses the GPT12) to accomplish what you're trying to do.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
Thank you.
Do you have any example for the ICU /GPT12 driver module ? or any sample code for the scenario which I am trying to achieve ? This will be really helpful for me to get some head start.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
There's an Incremental Encoder example in the iLLD. You can find it in the doc file on your installation, but Tasking graciously hosts it here:
http://doc.tasking.com/act/illd_1_0_0_11_0/TC27xD/html/group___ifx_lld___gpt12___incr_enc___usage.ht...
0 Likes