Question on GTM to EVADC connections of TC3x.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Can you please clarify regarding the usage of ADC Trigger Output Select 0/1 Register (ADCTRIGiOUT0/1 (i=0-4)) 

If I want to use ATOM_0 CHANNEL_1 to trigger EVADC Group 8 Channel 0, how should I approach configuring these registers ? 

I am using TC377 MCU and I am having tough time understanding these connections

Is there any other section in user manual which I need to refer to get clear idea. Also adcx_trig0, adcx_trig1, adcx_trig2, adcx_trig3, and adcx_trig4 are very confusion

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nambi
50 likes received 5 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi,

Please find the illustration for triggering EVADC Group 8 Channel 14 with GTM Timer. We have also attached corresponding screenshots.

You can try to adapt it for your requirement.

From the Family user manual:(AURIXTC3XX_um_part2_v2.0.pdf)
Step 1:
The section '32.5.2 Triggers and Gate Signals' in the user manual details the trigger options available for the EVADC. GxQCTRL0.XTSEL has to be configured with the corresponding trigger, and here it would be G8QCTRL0.XTSEL as group 8 is needed.

From device-specific user manual appendix:(TC37x_appx_um_v2.0.pdf)
Step 2:
Check UM appendix section '30.3.2 Digital Module Connections' to find the input triggers for the EVADC and find there are specific triggers from the GTM block, namely GxREQTRG/I/J/K/L. For illustration GxREQTRI ( GTM ADC trigger 0) is considered.
Step 3:
Further, check the section '26.3.9 GTM to EVADC Connections' where the connection between the GTM and EVADC are listed. Table 241 shows the mapping of the GTM output triggers to the EVADC input triggers.
Step 4:
In the illustration, EVADC group 8 channel 14 needs to be triggered, so G[8] must be chosen. Let's consider G[8]REQTRI for this use case for the illustration. The GTM register bit-field corresponding to this is GTM_ADCTRIG0OUT1.SEL0. And this has support for different GTM timer modules, and any of these can be used to trigger the EVADC, CDTM3_DTM5_1, ATOM3_5 are considered for the illustration. And corresponding G8QCTRL0.XTSEL to be configured as 8 corresponding to G[8]REQTRI.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Nambi

Hi,

Please find the illustration for triggering EVADC Group 8 Channel 14 with GTM Timer. We have also attached corresponding screenshots.

You can try to adapt it for your requirement.

From the Family user manual:(AURIXTC3XX_um_part2_v2.0.pdf)
Step 1:
The section '32.5.2 Triggers and Gate Signals' in the user manual details the trigger options available for the EVADC. GxQCTRL0.XTSEL has to be configured with the corresponding trigger, and here it would be G8QCTRL0.XTSEL as group 8 is needed.

From device-specific user manual appendix:(TC37x_appx_um_v2.0.pdf)
Step 2:
Check UM appendix section '30.3.2 Digital Module Connections' to find the input triggers for the EVADC and find there are specific triggers from the GTM block, namely GxREQTRG/I/J/K/L. For illustration GxREQTRI ( GTM ADC trigger 0) is considered.
Step 3:
Further, check the section '26.3.9 GTM to EVADC Connections' where the connection between the GTM and EVADC are listed. Table 241 shows the mapping of the GTM output triggers to the EVADC input triggers.
Step 4:
In the illustration, EVADC group 8 channel 14 needs to be triggered, so G[8] must be chosen. Let's consider G[8]REQTRI for this use case for the illustration. The GTM register bit-field corresponding to this is GTM_ADCTRIG0OUT1.SEL0. And this has support for different GTM timer modules, and any of these can be used to trigger the EVADC, CDTM3_DTM5_1, ATOM3_5 are considered for the illustration. And corresponding G8QCTRL0.XTSEL to be configured as 8 corresponding to G[8]REQTRI.

Best Regards.

nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Hello Nambi, 

Thank you for clarifying the approach to be used. Appreciate your help. 

Would it be possible to also tell me what was the register values . I went through the data sheet, I just wanted to make sure I got the things right. 

Also I am still trying to figure out how the Channel 14 is configured in your above example. I did not see that reference/explanation anywhere. Any thoughts of how to identify this ?

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi,

1. Could you let me know what you are referring to as the "register values"?

2. Triggering is done to the ADC group. How a specific channel is mapped to a specific ADC group requires only ADC register configuration. You can refer to any EVADC example in Aurix Development Studio for this.

Best Regards,

Nambi.

0 Likes