Qspi communication iLLD issue for TFT LCD operating

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Louis_LEE
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

Hi, All and Infineon employee

I think Aurix TC237 iLLD code has had error about Qspi communication.

I’m using the TFT LCD operating code which is extracted from the TC237 app-kit application demo project file. Of course, I’m using TC237 app-kit and The app-kit application demo project file has been uploaded on Myicp.
I changed from old iLLD v1.0.0.8.0 which is included the demo project file to latest iLLD v1.0.1.12.0.
And then, I did import the project file on the Aurix Development Studio v1.5.2 and built it successfully.
But, My TC237 app-kit TFT LCD wasn’t worked. My TFT LCD was displayed continuous thin vertical black lines like below.

problem_lcd_20211205.JPGSo, I analyzed Qspi parts of iLLD because TFT LCD have been using Qspi function.
Finally, I found that TFT LCD was worked well when using iLLD v1.0.1.8.0 and its previous version, but TFT LCD was not worked when using iLLD v1.0.1.9.0 and its later version.
Plus, I found that if some code in Qspi iLLD is swapped between (A) and (B) showed below picture, TFT LCD is worked well when using iLLD v1.0.1.9.0 and its later version.

problem_code_20211205.JPG

So,,,, I have a few questions about this problem and situation.

1. What do Code (A) and (B) do for Qspi communication?
    (The codes are line no.198~199 in IfxQspi.c which is included TC23A iLLD v1.0.1.12.0.)
  2. I think the codes have had error about Qspi communication. Is it right?

I’m using the IDE program named Aurix Development Studio v1.5.2 and using iLLD v1.0.1.12.0.
(This iLLD is latest version).
Also, Complete workspace file which is not working is uploaded on this posting by attached file.
This file is complete workspace for TFT LCD operating which is extracted from the TC237 app-kit demo.

Please Answer me ASAP!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi Lois_LEE,

if you look inside the release notes from iLLD1.0.1.9.0 you can see some changes made.

Did you download latest version of AURIX TC237x TFT Application Kit Firmware as well?
This is the version you should work with. All the changes made from release to release are well addressed inside.

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes

Hi, All and @TBencher 

I already had saw the release note from iLLD v1.0.1.9.0.
so, I found this problem through the release note v1.0.1.9.0 because the note was written to changed about Qspi.
But I have thought that it was not directly related to the problem that I want to raise.
I think that the problem has been occurred mistake while fixing the syntax.
Of course, I did download latest version of app-kit firmware. And It has not been updated since then November 4th 2015.

Please give me answer ASAP.

0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked

Hi Louis_LEE,

since we don't have the TC237 App Kit available, we can not reconstruct your case unfortunately.
But if we look a little bit different on that we can say the following:

1. iLLDs are generally tested
2. Current App-Kits are working with current firmware from current iLLDs without any problems
3. The schematics between TC2XX AppKits and TC3XX AppKits regarding CPLD are a little bit different

3)

TC2XX AppKits
The SPI to Parallel converter is based on a statemachine. This state machine is clocked with the clock of SPI, here SCLK0 (P20.11). Each rising edge of P20.11 will change the state of statemachine. When SLSO08 (P20.6) is not low then the state machine will go always in the idle state with a valid clock edge.

TC3XX AppKits
The SPI to Parallel converter is based on a statemachine. This state machine is clocked with the clock of SPI, here SCLK0 (P20.13). Each rising edge of P20.13 will change the state of statemachine. When SLSO08 (P20.6) is not low then the state machine will go always in the idle state with a valid clock edge.

---------

Maybe there is a little mismatch.

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,

TBencher

0 Likes