Problems with CAN on TC3x7 kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Sara_V
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given First solution authored

Hi everyone,

I really hope someone can help me…

I’m using the tc397, I try to implement can communication between one node of the board (CAN0) with external devices.

I saw the GitHub with MCMCAN example, but it’s not so useful, every example is in loop back, and I need to see a working code in normal mode. 

I don’t understand what I have to do in order to make can communication work in normal mode.

I try to set node 0 as a receiver, so, I initialize the can module (as see in the example) then the can node, I disable the LOOP BACK MODE ( loop back enable = FALSE) and I initialize the pins of IDC10, 20.7 as Rx and 20.8 as Tx. 

So i use an external device (arduino + mcp2515) as a sender and, I verify with another arduino +mcp2515 as a receiver that the message is correctly sent, and it is, but if I add the node0 receiver, it doesn’t work. 

ah, in other posts, similar to mine, someone spoke about CAN_STB pin, but I don’t really understand it’s function.

if it can be useful I try to set the node as transmitting one, and it works, in some way, only if I set the external loop back.

thank you for the attention, I really hope someone can kindly give me advices 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

It's suggested to start from example code, and an email has sent to you for CAN analyzer usage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

It's suggested to start from example code, and an email has sent to you for CAN analyzer usage.

0 Likes