Porting C++ code from GNU to Tasking compiler

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AC2
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello,

I am a Software Developer working on an application of autonomous driving and have shortlisted the target device as Aurix TC399 as first step for prototype phase. Once the prototype functions as per the requirement, we would like to order multiple hardwares for series production. During this process, we are encountering few hurdles that needs to be solved. I would kindly request you to help us in solving the issue.

Issue : The current code is compiled using a GNU compiler and the code runs as defined. However, we would like to get it running on the Aurix TC399 development kit. During this process, I have made used of the Aurix Development Studio IDE which uses the tasking compiler. During the porting of code from GNU compiler to TASKING compiler, there are multiple issues (compilation errors) with respect to standard defined libraries.

Do you already have C/C++ standard libraries which is supported on the TC399 controller and can be compiled?  Or do you provide any assistance/ guidance to fix porting issues?

Please note: I have already gone through the document – “GCC to TASKING Migration Guide for Infineon AURIX-WEB”. But this did not help us solve the porting issue.

SAL-TC399XX-256F300S BC 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
1 Solution
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hello!

If you try to link a GNU TriCore tools created library with the TASKING TriCore tools included in the ADS software package, this might not work. You need to recompile the library sources using the TASKING tools in order to create a TASKING tools build library.

If the problems you face are of a different nature like C compiler or assembler errors, more details about the diagnostic error messages you got and the C or assembly language source code which did provoke the error would be required to provide further hints.

Best regards,

Ulrich Kloidt
TASKING tools support

View solution in original post

1 Reply
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins

Hello!

If you try to link a GNU TriCore tools created library with the TASKING TriCore tools included in the ADS software package, this might not work. You need to recompile the library sources using the TASKING tools in order to create a TASKING tools build library.

If the problems you face are of a different nature like C compiler or assembler errors, more details about the diagnostic error messages you got and the C or assembly language source code which did provoke the error would be required to provide further hints.

Best regards,

Ulrich Kloidt
TASKING tools support