Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Albin_Augustine
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First question asked

I'm Using TC364DP controller, I would like to know the State (Erased or Not) of the Particular PFlash Logical Sector .How can i get to know it is erased or not. 

Is there any register for that ? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Erick_G
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Hi @Albin_Augustine ,

In the user manual part 1 in section 6.5.2.2.3 Command Sequence Definitions there is Table 145 that contains all the command sequences for Flash operations. There are several command sequences to verify erased memory, since for PFlash reading directly can cause several errors due to safety ECC. For sectors there is “Verify Erased Logical Sector Range” command sequence, in iLLD you can get this sequence with the function IfxFlash_eraseVerifyMultipleSectors() for several sectors, and IfxFlash_eraseVerifySector() for a single one. This can set a verify error flag when the memory is not erased in the DMU_HF_ERRSR.EVER register.

The user manual is available through MyICP, if you need information on how to get access please follow this link.

Best regards,

Erick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Erick_G
100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored 50 replies posted

Hi @Albin_Augustine ,

In the user manual part 1 in section 6.5.2.2.3 Command Sequence Definitions there is Table 145 that contains all the command sequences for Flash operations. There are several command sequences to verify erased memory, since for PFlash reading directly can cause several errors due to safety ECC. For sectors there is “Verify Erased Logical Sector Range” command sequence, in iLLD you can get this sequence with the function IfxFlash_eraseVerifyMultipleSectors() for several sectors, and IfxFlash_eraseVerifySector() for a single one. This can set a verify error flag when the memory is not erased in the DMU_HF_ERRSR.EVER register.

The user manual is available through MyICP, if you need information on how to get access please follow this link.

Best regards,

Erick

Thanks @Erick_G its working

0 Likes