PC OS for Aurix Development Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jakim
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked

I have two PC's, one running Ubuntu 14.x and MacOS v12.x and, therefore in a dire search for a version of Aurix Development Studio that can run on either.

1)

Based on my search so far, Aurix Development Studio might be supported only for Windows.
Is this really the case?

2)

I've tried installing Aurix Development Studio on a VM running on my MacOS PC but it never succeeds in finding onboard miniWiggler on my TC395 Lite eval board. I confirmed that DAS driver is correctly installed and running.
Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

There are no driver installed for the miniWiggler. They are showing as other devices. Select the correct driver for the two parts manually and/or install the latest DAS Server (www.infineon.com/das). Maybe you must remove the "other devices" and then make a reconnect that installed driver is recognized.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi jakim,

For 1) Yes. For2) If you use WIN10, the miniWiggler will display a USB device in device manager. If you use a VM, you could check if the USB device can be transparently accessed which is not covered by the dev team.

0 Likes
jakim
Level 1
Level 1

I realize that my VM is running Windows 11. Is that also supported?
By the way, this is what my Device Manager shows when I enable USB devices to be connected to my VM Windows 11:

jakim_0-1670356114501.png

With this configuration, Aurix Dev Studio is NOT able to connect to my TC375 Lite. 😞

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi Jakim, I have known that Win11 is not supported from the dev team.

0 Likes
jakim
Level 1
Level 1

I found a Dell laptop with WIndows 10 running but still NOT able to get it to show up in Device Manager. The board powers up fine and LED's solid on.
Am I the only one having this kind of problem? This is like a step #1 in SW development with Aurix Development Studio and this isn't simple at all. Isn't there a document capturing how to trouble-shoot?

0 Likes
Di_W

The USB-UART bridge chip takes responsibility to communicate with PC which display a USB device on WIN10. So you could use a clean PC to try. If still has problem, please post here. I will forward to dev team.

0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

There are no driver installed for the miniWiggler. They are showing as other devices. Select the correct driver for the two parts manually and/or install the latest DAS Server (www.infineon.com/das). Maybe you must remove the "other devices" and then make a reconnect that installed driver is recognized.

0 Likes
jakim
Level 1
Level 1

My dell laptop running Window10 now has been fully updated with the latest BIOS; I saw some posting about updating BIOS fixing the DAS issue of not recognizing the miniWiggler.

It's very frustrating that the DAS server does not detect my board; once again one of the LED's solid green when the board is powered via USB. I cleaned and re-installed the latest DAS drivers multiple times with multiple reboots but no success. 
Could it be a bad eval board issue? If so, is there a way to diagnose that?

Another question is how is it that a company as big as Infineon does not support Linux or MacOS and different Windows versions except for Windows 10. This cannot be easily understood.

0 Likes
Di_W

Hi jakim, do you have another Triboard to try?

Generally, a Triboard with a micro-USB cable and a power cable is enough to connect PC with WIN10. And could you show your clean WIN10 device driver? My post here has a screenshot of Device Driver.

0 Likes