Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HeShanyuan
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Weikeng(GC)
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Hi all

when i connect debugger lauterbach via DAP to AURIX TC397,without any special setting,the program can running normally,but if i disconnect debugger,the system will step into a trap,but it's hard for us to find the exactly position cause system into trap just because this issue won't happen when we connect a debugger

there should be some special feature lauterbach have so  it can ignore or disregard this issue,what i only know is it can disable watchdog,but the other feature are unknow

so how should i set register or debugger propertie to solve this problem,find root cause easier 

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 100 likes received

If you wish to prevent the debugger from impacting your code, you may try to reduce the amount of code to minimize it. Then, let the program run in the same manner, whether the debugger is connected or not. Once this is done, you can try adding your code step-by-step. If you encounter difficulties during this process, it may be necessary to debug without the debugger, as I mentioned previously. In this case, you can use a GPIO for debugging.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Di_W

If you want to debug without Lauterbach, then you can start from a clean system that may be an example project.

As there is no debugger connected, you can use GPIO to show the status of your startup procedure in your own source code step by step.

0 Likes
HeShanyuan
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Weikeng(GC)
10 questions asked 50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins

Dear DW

what i mean is there must have something wrong with our code,but it can only appear when we didn't connect a debugger rightnow

I need to debug with lauterbach,but i wish lauterbach won't impact the program‘s status,so the issue can reappear the same as it would be when we don't connect debugger

thanks!

0 Likes
Di_W

If you wish to prevent the debugger from impacting your code, you may try to reduce the amount of code to minimize it. Then, let the program run in the same manner, whether the debugger is connected or not. Once this is done, you can try adding your code step-by-step. If you encounter difficulties during this process, it may be necessary to debug without the debugger, as I mentioned previously. In this case, you can use a GPIO for debugging.

0 Likes