OCDS - protection questions TC3XX family

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lord_feistel
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have some questions regarding OCDS

1 - I understood that the Debug System is disable by default and in case  I enable it, it  is mandatory to insert a password,  is that correct  ?

2 - The password mentioned is it valid ony for debug puposes or also blocked me to reflash the uC ? I meant I CANNOT flash a firmware again  in case I lost the password ? If I lost the password the uC is bricked ?

3 - I understood that the advantage of BROM and flash OTP is that is those are the only way to prevent  my code to be ovewriten, for instance a critical part of my boot, is that correct ?

Thank you so much in advanced,

Antonio

0 Likes
1 Solution
Basil_Mathai
25 replies posted 5 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Hi,

1. Correct
2.Correct, if you have some other way that will take care of flashing through Application firmware then you can, provided you haven't enabled RPRO bit of pFlash.
3. BROM can't be flashed nor erased by user. Understanding about OTP is correct.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Basil_Mathai
25 replies posted 5 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Hi,

1. Correct
2.Correct, if you have some other way that will take care of flashing through Application firmware then you can, provided you haven't enabled RPRO bit of pFlash.
3. BROM can't be flashed nor erased by user. Understanding about OTP is correct.

0 Likes